About the training course
Training course “Youth Sports Workers in action” aims to empower our youth workers willing to develop and organise sport and health-enhancing physical activities with youngsters in their communities. It gathers 27 participants from 9 countries (Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo*, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Turkey, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom), it will last 7 days and will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia in March/April 2014.
Project themes are: Sport for all, Non-formal Education and youth work through sports, physical and mental health of youngsters, leadership, planning and management skills of youth sports workers, Sport and health policies and promotion of youth sports work, Erasmus PLUS programme and European level projects in youth field with using sport/outdoor activities.
– To exchange realities on sports and youth work in our countries
– To understand difference between sport clubs/organisations and youth clubs/organisations and usage of sports in them
– To analyse personal development on mental and physical level for youngsters through sport and outdoor activities
– To raise competences for coaching and leading youth sport activities
– To raise competences in planning and managing youth sport activities
– To discuss different ways of motivating and engaging youth in youth sports work
– To discuss Sport and health policies in the EU and candidate countries and to promote sport and health enhancing physical activities
– To learn how we can use “Erasmus PLUS” programme for promotion of sport and health-enhancing physical activities
– To develop new projects and future European level cooperation among participating organizations
Training course is based on approach and principles of NFE with regular NFE methods and sport activities.
The language of the training course will be English.
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Age above 18
- Willing willing to further work on promotion and coordination of youth work with sport/outdoor activities
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course