Dates of project: 04-10.01.2015
Place of project: Morfa Bay, Pendine, Wales
Deadline for applications: 20.11.2014
The main focus of the training “Straight forward equality for LGBT rights” is to gain an understanding of the situation regarding the rights of the LGBT community, the irrelevance of stereotypes against the LGBT community, the effects of marginalization of the LGBT community and the current situation regarding LGBT campaigns. The training is also arranged to share good practice in methods of increasing youth understanding of LGBT integration issues. Especially in the marginalized youth communities such as young people from Roma communities, ethnic minorities and those in poverty.
The aim is to gather youth workers, leaders, researchers and policy makers, and will emerge them into dialogue with the aim to identify new approaches and methods in building accessible resources for youth to promote education and understanding for the LGBT community.
Participants will discuss models and approaches to enhance collaboration among youth work stakeholders and develop quality support systems to increase LGBT acceptance in youth especially those of socially excluded backgrounds.
The theme is to share youth work practices on supporting and educating youth in social issues across Europe; and also to develop techniques and tools with which to empower socially excluded young people to have a voice in youth policy regard these issues.
All participants selected for this project must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be able to work in English
- Be interested in the topics of the seminar
- Be able to lead a workshop/session about LGBT rights at the seminar
- Commit to implement the learned knowledge and skills in practice back home
- Commit to report thoroughly the content of the project to other activists of the sending organisation
- Commit to actively and fully participate in the entire duration of the project
- Be aware that they have to apply for the visa and buy the travel ticket as soon as they receive a confirmation of acceptance.
The seminar will be organized in the facilities of the ‘Morfa Bay Outdoor Education Centre’ in Pendine, West Wales. It is a residential educational centre with spate dormitories’ for Male and Female as well as a conference and common room. (http://www.morfabay.com/)
Full board and logging for the dates of the seminar 4th-10th of January 2015 is 100% covered.
Travel costs will be covered up to 360 EUR.
Visa costs will be covered up to 100 EUR with the possibility of some extra coverage.
Deadline for application: 20.11.2014Apply