Dates of the project: 26 January – 2 February, 2015
Place of the project: Beersel, Belgium
Deadline for application: 10.12.2014
This course was developed for youth workers/leaders who are directly involved in working with young people and interested in supporting young people on how to deal with the challenges of choice they face in their lives.
Young people are confronted with a rapidly changing society in which they are forced to make decisions that impact the rest of their lives in small or big ways. Many of these choices need to be made in a limited amount of time and with pressure from parents, teacher and friends.
Unfortunately, there are very few places where young can acquire the competences to deal with these situations and practice them in a safe
environment. We believe that youth work can play a crucial role in this process. In order to support youth workers/leader in reflecting on these uses we have created Fast Forward. This training course aims at developing the competences of youth workers/leaders to support young people on how to deal in a constructive way with the challenges of choices they encounter.
- Develop competences to support young people in making informed choices;
- Discuss how to encourage young people to follow their passion/interests;
- Develop ways on how stimulate critical thinking and analytical competencies in young people;
- Learn how to deal creatively with pressure and stressful situations?;
- Acquire competences to support young people realizing their full potential
- Share creative tools and techniques that can be used for work with young people on issues mentioned above;
- Debate how activities in the framework of Erasmus+ can be used to work on these issues.
Profile of participants:
Youth workers applying for this course are expected:
- be already actively involved in working with teenagers and/or young people in non-formal settings;
- be committed to attend the training course for its entire duration;
- motivated to share and learn and willing to support the peer learning process;
- have follow up activities with their sending organization;
- be able to work in English, as this will be the working language.
Travel and accommodation:
Travel costs will be covered 70%, with maximum price of 275 EUR.
Accommodation and food will be covered 100%.
Sending Fee: 300 MKD
Participation Fee: 30 EUR
Deadline for application: 10.12.2014Apply