Project dates: 15 – 20 April 2015
Project place: Rome, Italy
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL!!
Service Civil International (SCI) is a volunteer organisation dedicated to promoting a culture of peace by organising international voluntary projects for people of all ages and backgrounds. The organisation consists of 45 branches and an ever growing number of partner organisations.
Throughout the years SCI has made a major contribution to the development of the main forms of volunteering. Year after year, the organisation enables thousands of volunteers to participate in community projects.
We believe that living and working together with people of different backgrounds helps volunteers to break down barriers and prejudices. It allows them to experience a world of mutual respect and understanding. In this sense, volunteering can be seen as a way of life, a demonstration of the possible reality of a peaceful and cooperative world.
SCI offers a variety of volunteer opportunities to people, such as short, mid- and long term projects, but also the possibility to become active for a local branch or participate in a seminar or training.
Throughout the years SCI has also organized, coordinated and joined many international campaigns that aim at raising people´s awareness about global and local issues related to peace, migration, climate justice, active citizenship, human rights, development education, volunteering and more.
YUWG is a platform for activists working with and for the social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities. The group was established in 1985. The purpose of YUWG activities is to support young people in overcoming obstacles that may prevent them from being an international volunteer. Many of the young people on these projects are in situations which leave them marginalised and vulnerable within their communities. These young people include: young offenders; young asylum seekers separated from their families; young people in state care; young people with a history of homelessness, drug or alcohol abuse; and young people who face economic, geographical or physical difficulties.
AIMS OF THE SEMINAR:
- Increase cooperation among the YUWG network
- Reflect on the lessons learnt from past Youth Exchanges and other activities with youngsters with fewer opportunities
- Share suggestions on the Erasmus+ programme
- Explore how to enhance social inclusion in the activities of the organisations involved and SCI in general (workcamps “YUWG friendly”)
- Discuss possibilities for future projects and collaborations
- Share best practice examples
- Be over 18 years old
- To be active youth workers / leaders and are willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course.
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Are now working or have been working/collaborating/volunteering in YUWG activities will be considered as a plus
- Food and accommodation will be covered 100% by the organizers. The participants will be accommodated in La Citta dell’Utopia in the heart of Rome. (http://www.lacittadellutopia.it/)
- Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR.
Sending fee (payable to CID) : 500 MKD
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!