Project dates: 15 – 23 September 2015
Project place: Novi Sad, Serbia
Deadline for application: 20 July 2015
About the training course
This 8 days long training course “Leadership in youth work for inclusion, intercultural dialogue and acceptance” will be organised in the youth hostel in Novi Sad, from 15th till 23rd September 2015. Project will gather 34 participants, trainers and staff from 19 organisations and 16 countries (Germany, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo* UN resolution, Montenegro, Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, France, Italy, Greece, Romania, Turkey, Poland and Slovenia).
During our youth work and cooperation as partners, we have noticed lack of qualified and willing youth leaders for better inclusion and intercultural acceptance in our multiethnic communities. Project targets youth workers willing to take the lead of promoting and leading quality inclusion and intercultural dialogue in our projects and communities and willing to improve intercultural learning/dialogue in their activities for more inclusive society around us.
- Sharing experience – realities and activities – regarding intercultural diversity and exclusion/inclusion in our communities
- Explore the concepts of intercultural learning, dialogue and acceptance and of inclusion/exclusion terminology
- Promoting intercultural dialogue as instrument in acquiring the knowledge and aptitudes for dealing with a more open and more complex environment
- Discussing and understanding characteristics and challenges of the quality youth work activities for inclusion and intercultural dialogue/acceptance
- Enabling participants to develop and lead quality youth work projects which promote inclusion and contribute to intercultural acceptance of diversity in communities and further develop their competences in communication, conflict transformation and teamwork for quality leadership and facilitation of inclusion and intercultural dialogue on those projects
- Introducing the Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme and developing new projects and future European level cooperation among participating organizations with the topic of inclusion and intercultural dialogue and acceptance
The training course is based on the approach and principles of non-formal education and will use a lot of insights from the SALTO booklets, EU policy documents and T-kits of the Partnership programme of EU and CoE. The course is designed as an open learning process based on participants’ experience and exchange. A combination of different creative, participatory and interactive methods will be used and designed upon the profile of participants.
The language of the training course will be English.
Draft programme of the project:
- Age above 18
- To be active youth workers willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course
- Willing to get involved in and lead youth work activities which will contribute to inclusion, intercultural dialogue and acceptance of diversity in communities and in international projects
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of CID once he/she gets back
- Able to work in English
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Food and accommodation will be covered 100% by the organizers.
- Travel costs will be covered 70% of the cost of the entire price of the tickets.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID): 500 MKD