Project place: Berlin, Germany
Project dates: 25 – 31 August 2015
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL!
This cycle of training course is designed to improve the quality of management in young and emerging organizations working in favor of youth. It is meant for professionalization of youth NGOs on international level by creating a solid network of partners educated in different NGO management aspects and helping each other, cooperating and disseminating the abilities they will gain.
Main aims of this project are:
- Professionalization of management in youth organizations, which will result in better usage of their resources and increased efficiency.
- Extention and harmonisation of the network of partners realizing similar aims of empowering, educating youngsters and support their civic participation.
- Improving the quality of projects resulting in their bigger impact on local environments, beneficiaries of our partners.
- Empowering youth organizations to implement participatory style of management, increasing commitment and potential for democratic participation of young people in our countries.
During this training course we will tackle human resources management in relation to NGOs. This training course will be full of practical exercises on dealing with different personalities, roles in a team est. We will also focus on working with volunteers and motivation systems.
Programme of the training course:
- Getting to know the venue, introduction to the program, Rules and expectations
- Team and trust building activities
- Introduction to the topic of HR. Who is a Human Resources Manager?
- Introduction to the theory of Group Roles
- How to structure the roles in a team?
- Simulation on finding our own role
- Discover your motivation
- Different types of motivation – when to use which one?
- Feed back as a tool of Human Resources
- ‘Difficult conversations’ – how to handle them?
- Coaching style of management – proposition for NGOs
- Useful tools for problem solving
- Open space for mapping out our probleems
- Visit in the city
- Interpersonal skills
- Practicing interpersonal skills
- Evaluation of the learning outcomes
- Evaluation of the Training Course
- Youthpass ceremony
- Closing ceremony
Profile of participants:
- above 18 years old
- able to communicate in English
- interest in the topic of the project. Interest to join the discussions and workshops
- experience and involvement in youth organizations will be considered as a plus
- be wiling to share the knowledge and experience from the project with CID
- be able to attend the entire duration of the project
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered.
The participants will be accommodated in a youth center (www.grunwaldheim.de)
- Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR.
The reimbursement of the money will be made after receiving all original tickets and boarding passes.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!!!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID) : 500 mkd