Project dates: 26.10 – 03.11.2015
Project place: Brussels, Belgium (or surroundings)
Deadline for application: 25 September 2015, 23:59 h.
Wondering what storytelling is about? Let us introduce you to event:
The main idea of the training course “Empowering through storytelling”:
The overall aim of this project is to increase the competences of youth workers in using storytelling as a tool to reach, motivate and inspire young people.
The objectives of this project are:
-To explore the concept of storytelling and different techniques about it
-To understand how youth workers can use storytelling in non-formal education activities during their work
-To encourage youth workers to share their own stories (personal/professional)
-To develop their personal and professional skills of the youth workers by learning how to deal with emotions, discovering more about themselves and advocating for a sustainable future for the target group of people they work with
All the activities that are planned to be organized will be based on the methods of Non Formal Education. NFE is any organized educational activity outside the established formal system. NFE methods include: simulations, role plays, energizers, brainstorming, and discussion in small or big groups
About the project:
During the project, participants will have the chance to acquire/improved knowledge such as:
-Participants will explore the topic of storytelling and how stories can be a powerful tool to bring social change
-Participants will be able to discover and understand about their own potential and get inspired, motivated, empowered from each story shared
-Participants will be able to apply the knowledge learned in their organization while working with young people by understanding that each person has special needs and empower everyone in their work
-Participants will learn how to prepare and implement action plans
As well they will acquire/improve attitudes such as:
-Overcoming the fears, stigma and mind limitations
-Establishing a positive thinking and attitude about life situations that happen around
-Having the belief in themselves and the ability to make changes on themselves
-Increasing the self-confidence and self-empowerment
-Tolerance towards people’s different cultural backgrounds
– Motivation to inspire young people through the method of storytelling
-Improving their knowledge about Erasmus+ Programme
Apart from the competences strictly related to the theme of this project, the participants will also have a chance to improve their general competences such as:
1) Ability to work in an international, multicultural environment as participants will come from different countries. When dividing into smaller working groups the facilitators will make sure that the participants are divided into multi-country groups.
2) Ability to work in a group as most of the activities will include working in smaller, multi-country groups.
3) Improving foreign language skills as all the activities will be carried out in English, which is not a mother tongue of most of the participants.
4) Tolerance towards people of different backgrounds as participants will be coming from different cultural, religious and social backgrounds.
5) Understanding of different cultures as participants will come from different countries, each having a slightly different culture.
6) Fostering the European citizenship and identity as taking part in European youth projects tends to make youth feel more included in the European society and feel more like European citizens.
7) Improving their knowledge of Erasmus + programme as the programme will be introduced to them during the training course.
8) Improving their knowledge about Youthpass certificate as it will be explained to participants during the training course
All the methods used during the training course will be based on non-formal education activities, where all the participants will have the opportunity to be actively involved, discuss, share, learn from each other, critically reflect and get the best out from this training course.
Profile of participants:
- above 18 years old
- able to communicate in English
- interest in the topic of the project. Interest to join the discussions and workshops
- experience and involvement in youth organizations will be considered as a plus
- be wiling to share the knowledge and experience from the project with CID
- be able to attend the entire duration of the project
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered.
- Travel costs will be covered 70 % of a sum up to 275 EUR.
The reimbursement of the money will be made after receiving all original tickets and boarding passes.
- Participation fee: 30 EUR
- Sending fee (payable to CID): 500 MKD
How to apply:
You can find the application form on the call bellow. (button Apply here)
In order to apply for the project you have to make your profile, putting in all your general and contact information. This can be done by clicking the REGISTRATION button from the left side of the window.
After your registration has been completed you can apply for the project.
Please note that once you create your profile, you can use it for applying for other projects organised and hosted by YEU.