Project place: Ankara, Turkey
- 01.05. – 30.06.2016
- 01.07. – 31.08.2016
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: URGENT CALL!
S&G: System and Generation Association was established in 2008. The aim of this organization is to make young people integrated into the society, encouraging their entrepreneurial spirit, helping them acquire knowledge and qualification, getting them to know young people from different cultures, empowering sympathy and tolerance, improving cooperation and encouraging European cooperation with young people, supporting the cooperation between the international institutions.
System and Generation gets into the act about; increasing of economic growth, providing efficiency about increasing of production, sustaining the production, sustainability that cares socioeconomic needs and planning that analyse the problems, and also with the belief of projecting Process, considering co-working culture by reaching this target as the best way, combining the systems which made in EU and creativity of our citizens especially the youth.
About the project:
The NesilFEST (Generation Festival) was developed as an output of the local project called AYNA which our organization implemented last year in cooperation with Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policy. The idea of the project is to organize a better communication between youth and elderly people, by involving them in different activities. The Project consists of diverse modules for the developement of different skills and competences.
As System and Generation Association, we want to host groups of 28 volunteers on 2 months short term EVS, within the Volunteering for Generation- NesilFEST2015 Project starting from November 2015. There will be 7 volunteers in each group which is formed as 1 volunteer from each country, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia and Macedonia. We have planned a learning-oriented course for our volunteers in preparation-execution-dissemination of NesilFEST. In an age that inter-generational interaction is declining, we want to carry out the NesilFEST, which is the product of a successfully completed project called Active Lifestyle-Oriented Inter-generational Interaction Model Project, four times a year. During the project, which is an an example of social entrepreneurship, mainly non-formal education methods will be used and “meeting of generations” themed activities and workshops will be held. Within the framework of NesilFEST preparations, there are some modules to be applied:
- Consideration and Dialogue oriented Volunteering for Generation: 5 o’clock teas will be organized, journeys will be planned, young and elder individuals will improve their communication by musical and trekking activities.
- Technology and Information Retrieval Oriented Volunteering for Generation: Young volunteers will explain to the elders how the internet, computers and cell phones work. Being able to use communication technologies in times of need/crisis will increase the quality of life of the elder population.
- Experience Sharing oriented Volunteering for Generation: In this module, memories, knowledge, experiences and photos of artists and craftsmen are shared.
- Manufacturing oriented Volunteering for Generation: Cooking, knitting and ceramics workshops in NesilKAFE, which will be an example of social entrepreneurship.
- Fitness-oriented Volunteering for Generation: Exercises accompanied by physical therapists/volunteers will be done to decrease the risk of disease and contribute to the healthy development of future generations.
- Social Responsibility Oriented Volunteering for Generation: All preparations for NesilFEST will be coordinated by young and adult individuals. Products of the workshops and modules will be shared with the public.
As conclusion, our goal is to support adult productivity, youth individuality and youth bio-psycho-social development with learning-focused workshops and activities.
Our goal is to support adult productivity, youth individuality and youth bio-psycho-social competences with learning-oriented workshops and activities.
This programme has been planned under the spirit of EVS and focused on the following learning objectives:
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
- Digital competence
- Learning to learn
- Social and civic competence
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
- Cultural awareness and expression
EVS volunteer will have the opportunity to participate in many different activities and projects throughout the EVS.
Tasks of the volunteer:
- Task 1: Organizing/Assisting/Facilitating physical activities for elderly (physical exercises, games(Möllky, Bocce), cultural visits, walks in the Nature)
- Task 2: Representing his/her culture during cultural events (indoor & outdoor activities)
- Task 3: Participating in fund raising activities (selling handmade stuff in NesilKAFE or NesilKARAVAN)
- Task 4: Organizing workshops (handicraft, cooking, activities with kids)
- Task 5: Organizing service and leisure for elderly
- Task 6: Taking photos, videos about the events, working on video production updating the website of S&G, and working on promotion materials
- Task 7: Organizing cultural events (dance evenings, song evenings, theatre, music).
- Task 8: Preparing YouTHelegraph and Video of Volunteering for Generation NesilFEST2015 activities
The volunteer will work 7 hours per day, 5 days per week. Sundays and Saturdays are free.
Holidays: the volunteer will have two consecutive days off per week and will also have two days of holiday per month for the whole duration of the EVS project. Sometimes the volunteer will give a hand on projects at weekends. In this case, the volunteer will have compulsory days off.
Turkish Language Lessons are the compulsory part of the weekly schedule. A teacher will give lessons five hours per week either in the volunteer’s home or in the S&G office. The language course will be adjusted according to the volunteers needs.
The volunteers will work in Keçiören Nursing Home, Yunus Emre Cultural Centre or Clock Tower Cafe according to the needs of the places and their own preferences.
Volunteers will live in apartment sharing room with other volunteers from the same gender. There are many stores around. And it is close to working area. To go to the city center volunteers could use local transportation. The apartment is equipped with WiFi connection, washing machine, fridge, iron, etc. There are also pillows, quilts, blankets and bed sheets and all equipment for cooking.
- Health insurance will be provided to the volunteers with Cigna.
- Volunteers will receive 120 EUR per month for food money.
- Volunteers will receive 80 EUR per month for pocket money.
- Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR.
The volunteer will have to buy their own ticket and they will receive 50% reimbursement upon the arrival in Ankara, and 50% after the end of their volunteering period.
How to apply?
Send us your CV and motivation letter explaining why you want to participate in this project, your skills, knowledge and motivation. Don’t forget to state the period you are applying for!
Send the CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject ‘NesilFEST2015’.