Project place: Novi Sad, Serbia
Project dates: 18 – 26 January 2016
Deadline for application: 16.12.2015
About the project:
This 8 days long training course “Identity, Inclusion and Diversity youth work in our communities” will be organised in the youth hostel in Novi Sad, from 18th till 26th January 2016. Project will gather 31 participants, trainers and staff from 16 organisations/countries (Serbia, Portugal, Montenegro, Macedonia, Romania, Greece, Malta, Croatia, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, France, Estonia, Albania, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina)..
During our youth work and cooperation as partners, we have noticed a lack of young qualified and willing leaders of projects for better intercultural acceptance and inclusion in our multiethnic communities. This project targets active youth workers / leaders (from different cultural, social, historical, religious and economic backgrounds) who will further take action in field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities, and will increase opportunity for ALL to access and participate in youth work and youth projects.
- Sharing experience – realities and activities – regarding inclusion and diversity in our communities and countries
- Understanding different aspects of youth work and inclusion/diversity
- Exploring concepts of identity and its development as starting point to understanding inclusion/diversity around us
- Increasing empathy with different aspects of discrimination/exclusion and discussing how to deal with challenging situations
- Exploring existing policies on Fundamental Rights in Europe and understanding their connection and implications to youth work for inclusion/diversity
- Sharing youth work tools/methods for achieving greater inclusion in our communities
- Developing strategies for local and European (level) activities of youth work for promotion of inclusion/diversity
- Presenting useful EU and CoE resources and funding programmes to encourage European cooperation among partners for inclusion (projects which will focus on organising youth exchanges which will include second generation immigrant youngsters and youth from other cultural minorities according to the realities and needs in our local communities)
The training course is based on the approach and principles of non-formal education and will use a lot of insights from the SALTO booklets, EU policy documents and T-kits of the Partnership programme of EU and CoE. The course is designed as an open learning process based on participants’ experience and exchange. A combination of different creative, participatory and interactive methods will be used and designed upon the profile of participants.
The language of the training course will be English.
Profile of participants:
- Age above 18
- To be active youth workers / leaders and are willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course.
- Willing to take action in the field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to work in English
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered by the hosting organization.
- Travel costs will be covered 70% of the total amount of the travel ticket.
Reimbursement will be made upon receieving all original tickets, boarding passes and invoices.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID): 500 MKD