Project place: Palermo, Sicily
Project dates: 8. 05. – 16. 05. 2016
Deadline for applications: 31.03.2016
Intercultur(E)ality is a multi action project with the aim of fight against all kind of racisms, intolerance,
extremism movements, through non formal education and media education. This project promotes also
active tolerance and intercultural learning. This project has one TC which involves 11 partner organizations from 10 countries ( LV,PT,EE,SK,MK,FR,ES,IT, BG).
Through the TC, this project wants to empower youth workers with competencies for designing activity on intercultural learning and media education based on NFE at local and international level.
Aims of the project are:
· combine intercultural learning and media education with the aim of fight against intolerance
· increase competences of youth workers in designing and facilitate activities of intercultural learning
· to promote media literacy through NFE
· to make young people more active in the promotion of active tolerance and act as multipliers of this value
· to strength the cooperation between youth association and participants in order to cooperate in the future on intercultural learning activities
The Training will be focus on the use of non-formal education methods which will help in breaking
prejudices and stereotypes. Participants will gain basic skills on how to design workshop and develop
activity according to the needs of the target group and to the topic which they want to tackle, and also,
how to overcome different obstacles and challenges which can arise during international projects in order to be able to organize international activity afterwards.
The second part of the activity will have a Seminar approach, through non-formal methods each organization will held one workshop in order to share best practice following the topic of the project.
Profile of participants:
- Above 18
- We are searching youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, members and volunteer WITH EXPERIENCE IN YOUTH WORK on local or international level
- Participants should be interested in dealing with intercultural learning and media education using NFE methods.
- Participants are expected to act as multipliers after end of TC and to be able to use new
competencies in the youth work on local or international level
- Good knowledge of English
Financial aspects of the project:
- Food, accommodation will be covered 100% by the organizers.
All participants will be hosted in the youth hostel Baia del Corallo in Sferracavallo.
- Travel will be covered up to 275 EUR
Reimbursement will be done after receiving all original boarding passes, tickets and invoices.
- Participation fee: NONE
- Sending fee: 500 MKD (payable to CID for confirmation)