Project place: Novi Sad, Serbia
Project dates: 31st May– 8th June 2016.
Deadline for applications: 08 April 2016
Ability of sports sector to affect physical activity levels tends to be underutilized & it is recommended to support local authorities and NGOs that promote/organize sport. We are trying to put EU Guidelines/policies into action by educating more youth workers for quality envisioning and promoting the youth sport work events that thus contribute to increasing participation in quality sports. In order to achieve this, our project is also empowering the participants for starting quality and strategic partnerships with other stakeholders of youth sport work and for European Week of Sport (EWS).
The training course “Strategic partnerships and activities for promotion of youth sport work during the European Week of Sport” gathers 32 participants, trainers and staff members from 14 partner organisations from 13 countries (Serbia, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, FYR Macedonia, Slovenia, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Spain, Malta, Estonia and Cyprus). It will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia on 31/05 – 08/06/2016.
- Exchange realities on sports & youth work in our countries
- Understand & promote concept “Sports for all” and personal development on mental/physical level for youngsters through sports
- Exchange different sport methods/games from our countries and thus inspire creative development& innovative combining of those into future youth sport work activities
- Define all stakeholders in relation with youth sport work and understand difference between sport clubs/organisations and youth clubs/organisations and usage of sports in them
- Define what quality and strategic partnerships for youth sport work are and set recommendations for youth NGOs and youth sport workers how to develop those
- Discuss Sport and health policies in EU and candidate countries and further promote sport and health enhancing physical activities, especially by organising youth sport work activities and events for EWS
- Achieve common understanding of suitable youth sport work activities to be organised during the EWS; agree upon quality criteria and standards for organising those, envision and start developing them
- Learn how we can use Erasmus+ YiA for promotion of sport and health-enhancing physical activities
- Develop new projects and future European level cooperation among participating organizations with sports methodology in youth work
Profile of participants:
- To be active youth workers already involved or willing to get involved in “sport for all” activities and empowering mainstream and youth with fewer opportunities through different sport and outdoor activities
- Willing to organise youth sport work activities during the upcoming European Week of Sport
- Willing to enter into partnerships with participants from different organisations and countries and willing to work on further development of strategic partnerships with local and European stakeholders of youth sport work on behalf of their sending organisations
- Willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Age above 18
- Able to work in English
Financial aspects of the project:
- Food, accommodation will be covered 100%.
- Travel costs up to 70 % for the cheapest way
Reimbursement will be done after receiving all original boarding passes, tickets and invoices.
- Participation fee: NONE
- Sending fee: 500 MKD (payable to CID for confirmation)