Project place: Palermo, Sicily
Volunteering period: September 2016- September 2017
Application deadline: 10 April 2016
Project 1 – INFORMAGIOVANI OFFICE –
Founded in 2001 the Association InformaGiovani, has among its aims the promotion of volunteering, of active citizenship, of participation and inclusion of young people in society. Main activities are local and international volunteering projects, training for youth and support to local initiatives. The association has focused on social inclusion, youth in conflict with law (InformaGiovani has a long lasting formal co-operation with Offices of the Italian Department for Juvenile Justice) and with young people with sensorial disabilities. For further information please have a look at https://europa.eu/youth/volunteering/organisation/949741454_it
- management of our Facebook pages with professional/business profile and support to awareness campaigns;
- organization of workcamps and youth exchanges in Italy and abroad;
- organization of trainings and seminars in Italy and abroad;
- selection of participants in international seminars and trainings;
- contact with offices of Juvenile Justice
- short training days on volunteering for young offenders
- writing, submitting, managing international youth projects
- book-keeping, accountability and reporting local and international projects
- organization of promotional events/days on volunteering and/or international mobility
Those interested will also have the possibility to actually volunteer in local youth centers for teenagers and kids or in supporting locals. Volunteers will be involved as well on different training activities along the year.
- We are looking for volunteers who are open minded, who are not willing to do EVS just to have fun in a sunny country and who are willing to learn aspects of the life/environment/projects of an NGO working with and for young people.
- We need volunteers who are flexible about time management but still are able to fulfill in due time assigned tasks.
- Previous experience in international voluntary sectors (workcamps) is a plus but not a must.
- Basic knowledge of Italian language will facilitate volunteers in their life and work.
- Special requirement: basic knowledge of Italian language is welcome.
- Previous experience in the volunteering field is very welcome.
How to apply?
Send a CV and a motivation letter in English or Italian (specific for the project and not a general one about volunteering) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 10th of April, 2016.
Only selected candidates will be contact for a Skype call.