Project place: Craiova, Romania
Volunteering period: 03.11.2016 – 05.03.2017
Application deadline: 1 June 2016
“Restart” project comes in the frame of former EVS “Second Chance”, which was implemented by ANTER in 2014/2015 and has establish as a goal to fight juvenile delinquency, since this is one of the biggest problems that Romania is facing at this point, delinquency that is generated by a cumulating factors such as family, formal educational system, community, as well as the lack of adequate legislation for underage delinquency. The project is built on a strong partnership between 9 program and partner countries and it will contain two youth mobility – European Voluntary Service, 4 months each.
Project’s aim: to address the need of inclusion and positive awareness of the others based on civic involvement of all social categories and stakeholders.
Its objectives are the following:
- Development of cross-cutting competences in a multicultural environment for 16 volunteers during 2 stages of 4 months /stage
- To increase the involvement in scholar and extracurricular activities of 50 youngsters from PMTC during 8 months.
- To facilitate and improve the contact between youngsters from PMTC and local community through the activities proposed.
- Raising awareness of SO/HO communities regarding the importance of applying measures to prevent juvenile delinquency, as well as the role that civil society plays in the reintegration of these youngsters.
The mentor can help the volunteer to identify the strong and weak points regarding his skills and personality. Each volunteer will be assigned a mentor and will benefit from group and individual mentorship sessions.
Location of the project:
You will be staying in Craiova, Romania’s 6th largest city and capital of Dolj County, is situated near the east bank of the river Jiu in central Oltenia. It is a longstanding political center, and is located at approximately equal distances from the Southern Carpathians (north) and the River Danube (south). Craiova is the chief commercial city west of Bucharest and the most important city of Oltenia. The city prospered as a regional trading centre despite an earthquake in 1790, a plague in 1795, and a Turkish assault in 1802 during which it was burned.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT:
- Youth aged between 18 to 30 year old;
- Available to attend all stage period;
- Interested and motivated to develop activities under the project activities;
- Good conversational English skills;
International transportation: up to 180 EUR
Visa costs: 120 EUR
Accommodation – there will be 2 persons/room, you will have access to a bathrooms (common bathroom and showers/floor), kitchen (1 kitchen/floor and you will receive cutlery and pots also) and other utilities.
Meal – the volunteers will receive a monthly food allowance and they can either buy food, either cook for themselves. The volunteer meal allowance per month will be 100 euros, paid in LEI (Romanian currency) through bank transfer on the volunteer debit card (made at the arrival in Romania) at the end of each month served in EVS.
Pocket Money: according to the Erasmus+ rules an additional 60 euros will be paid for daily expenses of the volunteers through bank transfer on the volunteer debit card (made at the arrival in Romania) at the end of each month served in EVS.
Transportation – local transportation – by bus for the activities will be provided by the association on a monthly base
LINGUISTIC SUPPORT: The volunteers with have the opportunity to learn Romanian language.
How to apply?
Send us your CV and motivation letter explaining why you want to participate in this project, your skills, knowledge and motivation.
Send your CV and your motivation letter to email@example.com