Project place: Palermo, Sicily
Volunteering period: September 2016- September 2017
Application deadline: 10 April 2016
Project 2 – RECREATION CENTRE SAN GIOVANNI APOSTOLO –
With aim to give support to parents, educate, motivate and encourage children and young adults from disadvantage area.
Main objectives of the community for every children and young adult is to raise individual development of self-esteem and growth, social awareness and inclusion in the group by actively encouraging them (and yourself) to be involved in all activities.
The community was founded in 2000 in Palermo by local parents and teachers from San Giovanni Apostolo church,
where the main beneficiaries are children and young adults aged between 6 and 24 years, divided into the three age
groups, parents, local schools and community. The main reason of founding the Association was and still is to fight against high school drop – off rate, risk of delinquency and / or with multi-problem situation which could lead to young adult crime.
- Participation, organization and realization of various sport and creative art workshops which are designed for specific age group,
- Monitoring and collaboration with teachers, parents and local volunteers,
- Take active part in communities daily activities, play games, lead and support art and sport workshops
- Willing to teach English and French to kids and youngsters
- We are searching for person, who is open minded, loves kids, active games and playtime and also knows or is willing to learn more about children and young adult development, willing to teach English and French to kids and youngsters by non-formal methods, brings some nice stories and games to share, wants to learn more about the community, local traditions, enjoy time and be happy together with kids!
- If you are this person, we welcome you to join or small but powerful group to make a difference, make new friends,
receive many, many hugs and to become a part of our community!
Accommodation in a shared flat with other EVS volunteers from Spain, Slovakia, Czech Republic.
Double room for volunteers plus common living room. The house is equipped with all needed.
How to apply?
Send a CV and a motivation letter in English or Italian (specific for the project and not a general one about volunteering) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 10th of April, 2016.
Only selected candidates will be contact for a Skype call.