Project place: Kaunas, Vilnius, Lithuania
Project dates: 15th – 22th June 2016
Deadline for applications: 19.05.2016
The TRAINING COURSE:
Nowadays with the fast change of different audiovisual technologies and growing impact of social networks it is really important to stay updated and to be able to represent projects and activities that NGO does in an interactive, playful and interesting way. Another very important moment which just recently rolled over the Europe starting with the Charlie Hebdo and followed by other hate attacks once again reminded that xenophobia, extremism and hate crimes in general are on the very high importance around us. That’s why fighting against the “hate speech” and raising youngsters awareness about the messages they are sending on various type of media channels should be not forgotten and well educated in order to avoid such attacks in future.
Training course “ReaDy! SeT! aCTioN! – PROCEED and SUCCEED (YOU are THE MESSAGE)!” in a 6 days training course, that using various audiovisual and social media techniques and channels, will present the “hate speech” phenomena. It is dedicated to increase organizations knowledge about audiovisual (photography and video) and traditional media measures to increase society’s awareness about NGOs organized activities, ERASMUS+ program financed activities and other projects or actions directed to social work and positive impact on society, stimulation of defusing the usage of “hate speech” on social media channels. During the training course participants will get introduced to basic photography and video techniques; photo and video editing; social networks and mass media refinements and new points of view to treat media as a “human” message.
Participants will discuss and decide when and what is the optimum time and information to upload onto different social networks, how to approach mass media and get your messages posted; how to make society and participants a live message; how to redirect and use “hate” messages to make them work as social inclusion symbols and how to choose relevant and effective video or photos to illustrate information they want to pass.
- To explore most common problems that NGO’s meet when they have to present their daily activities; projects and other movements.
- To get basic knowledge of video ant photography tools for presentation creation.
- To increase participants knowledge and confidence copping with social media and explore various ways to approach it.
- To increase awareness about “hate speech” usage on social media channels and learn ways how to decrease its effectiveness and social impact on society; ways of changing “hate speech’ messages contexts and different ways to use them for creation of “love speech” messages
- To create effective projects and NGO‘s
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT:
- Youth leader, worker, trainer or a young person strongly interested in the training course topic and goals.
- Willing and able to actively participate in the entire program and get involved.
- Able to use English as a working language.
- Be interested in audiovisual techniques and video/photo art.
- Willing to share the obtained knowledge with the members of his/her organization, friends, family and any other social spaces once he/she gets home.
Financial aspects of the project:
Accommodation and food will be covered through the project. Project will be held in nice hotel situated in Kaunas Old town for first half of training, and last two days project will move to Vilnius (friendly hotel in center of Vilnius).
Travel costs will be covered up to 270 EUR
(Participants are obliged to have receipts of the ticket, boarding pass and invoices of credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All participants will be reimbursed after the event by a bank transfer.)
Participation fee: 35 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD (payable to CID for confirmation)Apply here!