Call for study session “Transferring positive practices of Democratic Youth Participation Models from European to Local Level”
Project dates: 9 – 15 October 2016
Project place: European Youth Centre, Strasbourg, France
The deadline for application is 31 July 2016
The study session aims to offer space for 35 young people, youth leaders, youth workers, representatives of institutions and decision makers to gather and research the positive practices of meaningful participation implemented on European Level. The main idea is to go into depth in discussing this processes, and also gather youth workers, officials and experts that will share their previous experience, difficulties and obstacle, as well as effective methods and systems of democratic youth participation models on European and local level.
This study session will offer space for young people and youth leaders to gather and research the positive practices of meaningful participation implemented on European Level.
The working methods used during this study session will be based on the principles of non-formal education, intercultural learning, experiential and participatory approach, aiming to easily foster and encourage the inclusion of the participants in the learning process.
The entire learning process will be based on participative and active learning approach allowing the participants space for sharing, exchange and explore new topic and points of view on youth work and policy making on European and local level.
Sessions will be a combination of theoretical and practical parts where participates will be offered to get in touch with the core value and principles of active participation and cooperation.
- To share positive practices of youth participation in civil and political life on the local, national and European level
- To strengthen cooperation and feeling of belonging among the participants and in relation to the DYPALL network
- To promote a common understanding on youth participation and its main values and approaches
- To support participants involvement in current and future initiatives of DYPALL network and the Council of Europe
- To understand and analyse the various realities of youth participation at local level (challenges, opportunities, solutions)
- To explore inclusive approaches to foster the participation of young people facing social exclusion (Roma, NEETs, migrants, people with disabilities, refugees and other minority groups)
- To support and encourage development of initiatives that promote youth participation, with focus on young people experiencing social exclusion
The Study Session will be a space for development of our competences, dialogue and sharing of experiences among 35 participants with the following profile:
- Youth workers and educators from NGOs and other institutions working with young people
- Public officers / Civil servants or elected representatives from local institutions with responsibilities in youth issues
- Youth leaders and young people with interest in youth participation
- Researchers in youth issues on local level
- Applications from candidates working with different socially excluded groups are encouraged
The participants must be:
- 18-30 years old (exceptions are possible)
- Able to work in English
- Willing to contribute with their experience to the study session
- Coming from Council of Europe members countries* (exceptions are possible)
- Being able to attend the whole duration of the Study Session
- Have relevant experience in the topic
- Motivated to do follow-up activities after the Study Session
Whenever possible, candidates from the same locality or region are encouraged to apply together, especially if they come from public bodies and civil society (double/triple applications).
Venue and accommodation
The study session will take place at the European Youth Centre, Strasbourg.
Accommodation and meals will be provided by the Council of Europe at the Youth Centre.
Travel and subsistence expenses
Travel expenses to and from Strasbourg will be reimbursed according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
Participation fee 50 EUR. The fee is deducted from the refund of the travel expenses.
Sending fee 500 MKD