Project place Zadar, Croatia
Project dates 23- 31 October 2016
Application deadline 15 August 2016
ABOUT THE TRAINING COURSE
The core activity of the project is an 8 day long training course. It will be held in a youth hostel in Zadar, from the 23rd until the 31st of October 2016. The project will gather 31 participants, trainers and staff from 10 organisations and countries (Croatia, Macedonia, Italy, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria and Slovakia).
The project targets youth workers willing to promote and lead quality inclusion and intercultural dialogue in projects and communities and who are willing to improve intercultural learning/dialogue in their organisations’ activities for a more inclusive society that accepts diversity around us.
- To share realities and experiences with discrimination, exclusion and marginalization of different groups (including migrants and refugees) in different European communities/countries
- To explore and promote intercultural acceptance of diversity and respect of Fundamental / Human Rights in Europe
- To increase participants’ ability to deeply understand and empathize with different socially excluded and marginalized groups in our communities
- To promote intercultural dialogue as an instrument in acquiring the knowledge and aptitudes for dealing with a more open and more complex environment
- To enable participants to develop and lead quality youth work projects which contribute to intercultural dialogue and acceptance of diversity in communities
- To further develop their competences in communication, conflict transformation and teamwork for quality leadership and facilitation of intercultural dialogue in intercultural youth work
- To introduce the Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme and to develop new projects and future European level cooperation among partners with the topic of intercultural dialogue
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Aged 18 and above
- To be active youth workers / leaders who are willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course.
- Willing to promote and lead quality inclusion and intercultural dialogue projects in their communities.
- Able to work well in English.
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she returns.
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course.
TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, COSTS & REIMBURSEMENT
Accommodation and food will be covered 100% by the hosting organization. Participants will be accommodated in Youth hostel Zadar (http://www.hfhs.hr/hr/hosteli/zadar-omladinski-hostel-407) 5 km distance from the bus terminal in the Borik zone.
70% of travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. You will be reimbursed for 70% of your travel costs (for all the original tickets and ways of travel that are plane, bus, train or ferry, NOT taxi and NOT car).
Participation fee NONE
Sending fee 500 MKD