Volunteering period 1st of September 2016 until 31 October 2016
Volunteering place: Ankara, Turkey
Application deadline 28 August 2016
Summary of the Project
The NesilFEST (Generation Festival) was developed as an output of the local project called AYNA which our organization implemented last year in cooperation with Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policy. The idea of the project is to organize a better communication between youth and elderly people, by involving them in different activities. The Project
consists of diverse modules for the development of different skills and competences.
As System and Generation Association, we want to host groups of 28 volunteers on 2 months short term EVS, within the Volunteering for Generation-NesilFEST2015 Project starting from November 2015. There will be 7 volunteers in each group which is formed as 1 volunteer from each country, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia and
Macedonia. We have planned a learning-oriented course for our volunteers in preparation-execution-dissemination of NesilFEST. In an age that inter-generational interaction is declining, we want to carry out the NesilFEST, which is the product of a successfully completed project called Active Lifestyle-Oriented Inter-generational Interaction Model Project, four times a year. During the project, which is an example of social entrepreneurship, mainly non-formal education methods will be
used and “meeting of generations” themed activities and workshops will be held. Within the framework of NesilFEST preparations, there are five modules to be applied;
Objectives/ Activities/ Tasks
- This programme has been planned under the spirit of EVS and focused on the following learning objectives:
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
- Digital competence
- Learning to learn
- Social and civic competence
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
- Cultural awareness and expression EVS volunteer will have the opportunity to participate in many different activities and projects throughout the EVS.
For two months the volunteers will work with:
- Elderly people in a Nursing Home in Ankara.
- Serve tea and bake cookies for Clock Tower where they will work and communicate with the local people
- Work with local kids and join their activities in Cankaya Municipality in Ankara
- Work with migrant kids in our school with the project Building Bridges for Refugee Children in Kecioren Municipality in Ankara
Volunteers will live in apartment sharing room with other volunteers from the same gender. There are many stores around. And it is close to working area. To go to the city center volunteers could use local transportation.
The apartment is equipped with WiFi connection, washing machine, fridge, iron, etc. There are also pillows, quilts, blankets and bed sheets and all equipments for cooking.
Volunteer will receive:
Food Money – € 120 per month (in Turkish currency). Half at the first week of the month, second half on the third week of the month. Pocket Money – € 80 per month (in Turkish currency). Payments will be done in cash within first 5 days of each month.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to 270 EUR by the coordinator accompanied by the receipt of complete and original tickets, invoices, bills, receipts, boarding cards etc.
HOW TO APPLY!
Send your CV and Motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com