Project place Tavankut, Serbia
Project dates 1-10 November 2016
Application deadlines 10 September 2016
About the project
Volunteers’ Center of Vojvodina is organizing a training/ seminar for 25 youth workers, activists and volunteers who work with young people. The participants from 8 countries will gather for 10 days, to learn, share, challenge, create and change.
The main topics of the training will be:
● youth exclusion, unemployment and nationalism; individual and collective identities
● role of institutions in inclusion/exclusion through their impact on young persons’ identity
● Balkan mythology; Balkan stereotypes and how to use them creatively
● Inclusion, denationalisation and social cohesion through creativity and art
● Erasmus+, learning and recognition of nonformal learning
VCV conducted a research in May and June 2016, examining the perception of youth about Myths and it’s influence on their beliefs. The results of the research will be the starting point for the creation of the methods implemented on the trainingseminar, mostly focusing on questioning beliefs, creating critical thinking, and tools for searching for facts instead of taking
things for granted. The results of the research will be presented during the training/seminar. The program will be revised according the needs of participants and common understanding of the group.
The program will be divided in four main parts:
1. Team building, sharing expectations, experiences, research results and learning about current state of youth unemployment and inclusion and nationalism among youth in all countries.
2. Learning; Identity and different layers, its formation and influence of different institutions on it (medial, culture and religion);
3. Getting deeper into Balkan’s culture, mythology, religions and stereotypes, introduction to backcasting strategic approach
4. Creation of new tools and methods for youth work on the topic of nationalism and identity, linked with diversity and inclusion through creativity and art; based on previous sessions and learning outcomes;
We will invite experts to share their experience and knowledge regarding roles of media, religion
and culture (art) on nationalism and identity formation.
- Be above 18 years old
- Willing and able to work on local level with the subject matter, with youngsters;
- Be youth worker, youth leader
- Ability to work in English
- Willing to share their experience with people from CID
Financial aspect of the project
Accommodation and food will be covered 100% by the hosting organization.
Travels cost will be covered up 100% cheapest way only. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original boarding passes, tickets, invoices etc.)
Sending fee 500 MKD
Participation fee NONE