Volunteering period 03.11.2016 – 05.03.2017
Place of volunteering Craiova, Romania
Application deadline URGENT!!
About the project
“Restart” project comes in the frame of former EVS “Second Chance”, which was implemented by ANTER in 2014/2015 and has establish as a goal to fight juvenile delinquency, since this is one of the biggest problems that Romania is facing at this point, delinquency that is generated by a cumulating factors such as family, formal educational system, community, as well as the lack of adequate legislation for underage delinquency.
The project is built on a strong partnership between 9 program and partner countries and it will contain two youth mobility – European Voluntary Service, 4 months each.
– Development of cross-cutting competences in a multicultural environment for 16 volunteers during 2 stages of 4 months /stage (see learning outcomes)
-To increase the involvement in scholar and extracurricular activities of 50 youngsters from PMTC during 8 months.
– To facilitate and improve the contact between youngsters from PMTC and local community through the activities proposed.
-Raising awareness of SO/HO communities regarding the importance of applying measures to prevent juvenile delinquency, as well as the role that civil society plays in the reintegration of these youngsters.
The youngsters will conduct a set of activities, divided as following:
Activities inside the Juvenile Penitentiary
• creative workshops and shadow theatre/ forum for real situation outside the PMT
• sports activities
• managing the TV/radio broadcasted internally
Activities outside the Juvenile Penitentiary:
• Public activities – events (exhibitions, shows, football/volleyball championships between youngsters inside PMTC
and youngsters from partner high schools in Craiova, photo/video expositions • managing project’s website •
Journalistic activities: interviews, short movies, articles • Activities to promote E+ learning tools (public events, sharing
flyers, web pages on the website of ANTER and the project itself), ONGFest etc
Profile of the participant
● aged between 18 and 30 years
● motivated in working in a penitenciary
● interested in developing skills like: communication in foreign languages, entrepreneurship
● basic skills in editing (Photoshop/ MovieMaker/ Word)
● fluent in English
Financial aspect of the project
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EUR return ticket.
Accommodation – there will be 2 persons/room, you will have access to a bathrooms (common bathroom and showers/floor), kitchen (1 kitchen/floor and you will receive cutlery and pots also) and other utilities.
Meal – The volunteer meal allowance per month will be 100 euros
Pocket Money: Additional 60 euros will be paid for daily expenses of the volunteers.
Transportation – local transportation – by bus for the activities will be provided by the association on a monthly base.
How to apply!
Send us an email with your CV and a covering letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.