Project place: Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project dates: 14-22 March 2017
Application deadline: 20 January 2017
About the project
The project tends to go beyond stereotypes and discriminations in our communities and offer quality support for young women to start their enterprises. It is rather innovative in our communities, although at the level of the EU there are quite a few support mechanisms for female entrepreneurship. In our communities, unfortunately, there are no entrepreneurship empowerment centres for young women.
The core of project are two activities:
- 1st activity is the 9 days long training course (TC); it will be organised in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina from 14th till 22nd March 2017.
- 2nd activity is the 7 days long evaluation meeting (EM); it will be organised in Zadar, Croatia from September 27th till October 3rd 2017.
Project will gather 27 participants from 9 organisations / countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Montenegro) – 3 participants from each organisation /country.
Focus of the project is to “equip” young women with set of skills needed to work on personal development in fields of learning, creating self-employment opportunities and sharing valuable skills among peers.
Specific objectives of the training course (A1):
- Exchange views about the unemployment and entrepreneurship of young women in different European countries (tendencies and influencing factors, specifications of the target group, focuses, etc.)
- Discuss how non-formal education can positively influence better young women employability and employment and to share examples of good practices combating youth unemployment
- Encourage the development of different education programmes for empowerment of unemployed young women in local communities, with special accent being put on developing their self-directed learning skills, entrepreneurship skills and business plan development
- Explore the possibilities for young women entrepreneurship on European Level (existing strategies and available funding)
- Encourage the creation of systems for empowerment of young women in local communities in the forms of learning centres or similar and to enable our participants to act as multipliers in those empowerment centres back home
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be above 18 years old
- To be active youth workers/leaders and willing to apply & multiply the knowledge received
- Willing to take action in the field of empowering young women for entrepreneurship, setting up the international and local projects and empowerment centre
- Willing to enter into partnerships with participants from different organisations/countries on behalf of their SOs
- Able to attend and be active during the entire duration of the project (the training course, the homework activities of young women entrepreneurship empowerment centres and the evaluation meeting)
- Ability to work in English
Financial aspect of the project
Accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel cost will be reimbursed 100 % cheapest way only. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original tickets and invoices)