Center for Intercultural Dialogue is looking for a full-time youth worker who will work in the MultiКулти youth center in Kumanovo and develop activities for the young people who visit the youth center.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop activities for young people who come to the youth center;
- Be flexible and spontaneous in implementing daily activities
- Be engaging and able to react fast on the needs of the young people and propose activities fulfilling their needs
- Mediate conflict situations among young people on diverse bases (personal, ethnic, religious, cultural)
- Continuously work on improving the multicultural dialogue between the members of different ethnicities that visit the youth center
- Always implement the activities and act accordingly the values that CID is promoting (intercultural dialogue, tolerance, understanding, open-mindedness and human rights)
- If needed, be prepared to take on the role of a mentor, give advice and guidance to the young people
- Actively participate in team meetings and in planning meetings with the staff of CID
- Willing to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment;
- Flexible with working hours (available for morning-evening, sometimes weekends);
- Possess self-initiative and work well individually;
- Pedagogical experience or equivalent experience in youth work;
- Fluent in Albanian and Macedonian, knowledge of English is an asset;
- Experience in working with kinds and young people, mapping their needs and developing activities for them
- Being acquainted with the work of CID and having experience in non-formal education is an asset;
- Priority will be given to members of the General Assembly of CID.
The position is open for all interested candidates who fulfill the criteria.
Deadline to apply: May 20th, 2017.
The full list of responsibilities and qualifications, as well as information about the application procedure can be found in the attached call.
More information about the youth center can be found in the following links: