Dates: March-December 2017
Mission: To reduce the level of acceptance of hate speech and hate crime among the people in the country by building up competences to deconstruct and critically asses propaganda and hate, and by educating youngsters to take an active role in combating and preventing hate speech and hate crimes, and their negative effects.
- To raise awareness on the topics of hate speech and hate crime and its negative effects within the society
- To engage youngsters to actively contribute in combating hate speech by organizing events and actions in their communities
- To provide competences for youngsters to act as multipliers and facilitate processes within their communities on the topic of preventing and combating hate speech and hate crimes
- To raise the awareness of the Human rights education and its importance among the youngsters as a defence against the rise of violence, racism, extremism, xenophobia, discrimination and intolerance.
- To equip youth workers, educators and activists with tools and approaches to actively combat hate speech
The overall work plan provides space for youngsters through different activities to get knowledge, skills and attitudes on what is hate speech and how do we prevent/combat it.
The work plan is consisted of a various activities on local and national level, which are a follow up from the previous processes, the 5th school against hate speech, and the different national and local activities from the “Enabling effective response against hate crime and hate speech” project implemented in 2016.
All of the activities will be implemented by the educators, which were trained in the previous years, with direct mentorship of a team of trainers experienced on the topic.
The 6th School for combating hate speech as an annual event will happen again in summer and will focus on media literacy, media manifestations of hate and how to deconstruct and counter hateful narratives and propaganda.
Beside this there will be the 5 different activities which will be implemented in different communities, with different partners, which are follow up of the activities in 2016.