Project place: Glencree, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Project dates: 21-29 August 2017
Application deadline: 05.06.2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Non-formal education and the youth sector in Europe play vital roles in creating a human rights culture among young people. However, human rights education as a concept and practice is relatively new to this sector.
The main aim of ‘Education Trumps Hate: Toolbox’ for human rights educators’ training course is to equip youth workers and youth leaders with a new set of tools, methods, knowledge and skills to deliver human rights education activities in their ‘day to day’ work practices and to fight against the rise of violence, racism, extremism, xenophobia, discrimination and intolerance.
This training is based on the non-formal learning methodology: learning from ‘hands-on’ experiences, self reflection and self assessment, experiences and expertise shares, as well as theoretical inputs.
The main focus will be put on:
- Defining human rights education in the national and international youth work context;
- Introductions and ‘hands on’ practices with Bookmarks, Compass and We Can manuals;
- Sharing the best practice examples of human rights education within the youth work sector in participating countries;
- Overview of ‘No Hate Speech Movement’;
- Networking and development of future collaborations;
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- above 18 years old
- educators who work directly with young people: youth and community workers, volunteers, youth leaders and teachers
- be free to participate all duration of the training
- has enough good knowledge of English
- no previous human rights education experience is required
- willing to share their experience with CID
It will be expected that participants will implement new initiatives (activities) in their organisations as a result of taking part in ‘Education Trumps Hate’. Priority will be given to participants that have no Erasmus+ training experience.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 360 EURO. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs, and reimbursed the total amount of costs from home to the venue of the training.
Visa costs will be covered up to 100 euros (all documents related to visa costs should be kept).
Participation fee: 25 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD