Duration: May – October 2017.
Partners: Project 2020 Community Interest Company (UK), Associacion Amigos de Europa (Spain), ULUSLARARASI GENCLIK AKTIVITELERI MERKEZI DERNEGI (Turkey), Associazione InformaGiovani (Italy), Fundacja Rozwoju Spoleczenstwa Przedsiebiorczego (Poland).
The overall aim of the project is strengthening of the intercultural competences through methods of non-formal education as a tool to increase the participants’ employment opportunities to gain new knowledge and skills which will provide them with better chances for future employment. Additionally it will promote intercultural dialogue as an advantage in their community – to learn and to accept working in intercultural environment facing its challenges and benefits.
- to provide capacity building to marginalized youth for better employment opportunities through an intercultural dimension
- to strengthen intercultural competences through non-formal education as a tool to increase better employment opportunities
- to promote equity and inclusion in the employment process through intercultural dialogue
- to raise awareness of the importance of the intercultural dialogue in the work environment
- to explore different competences required for employment
- to develop soft and social skills of young people
The project will gather 4 young people and 1 youth leader per country from 6 different countries (Poland, Spain, Turkey, Macedonia, Italy, UK), 30 participants in total. It will take place in Ohrid, Macedonia, between 12-19 of July 2017 where they will develop their employment competences.
The outcome will be a small guide with tips and tricks on how to write a CV and motivational letter that will be prepared by young people themselves. Moreover, the guide will be accompanied with a compilation of small videos serving as witnessing of what they have learned, what challenges they have faced and how they have been able to meet them.