Project place: Belogradchik, Bulgaria
Project dates: 21-29 August 2017
Application deadline: URGENT!!!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
“Refugees Integration against Discrimination (R.I.D.)” is prepared to respond to particularly relevant for the moment topic related to the integration of beneficiaries of refugee status people on the territory of Bulgaria, Cyprus, Turkey, Germany, Macedonia, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia specifically and other countries in Europe and Asia affected by the unprecedented, for decades in Europe refugee crisis.
The arrival of refugees in the EU and partner countries of the community confronts many difficulties and challenges for the youth workers working with refugees. Under current treaties granted refugee or humanitarian status individuals should receive support from the country that sheltered them. It is in these processes, national governments, active NGOs and voluntary organizations will rely on the experience and competence of the youth workers.
This project aims to train youth workers and exchange best practices for working with young refugees to achieve their better integration into the European community.
In the course of the project will be carried out the following tasks:
- familiarizing youth workers with legal procedures related to the entry and residence of refugees in the EU and neighboring countries;
- upgrading the knowledge and communication skills in a multicultural environment and prevention of problems in cultural adaptation;
- exchange of best practices for social and civic involvement in working with young refugees;
- developing a specific methodology for integrating young refugees to European values;
- developing mechanisms to combat stereotyped social attitudes and different forms of discrimination in order to promote the spirit of tolerance and peaceful coexistence.
We want to influence the particular needs and problems arising by the new realities faced by youth workers in their work with young people who just received refugee status. Will directly address the need for acquiring specific and certified by the “Erasmus+” knowledge to overcome the problems in working with refugees from the legal, economic, social, health, educational and cultural nature.
The project aims to develop the spirit of tolerance and peaceful coexistence, which determines the need to develop specific knowledge and skills for working with young refugees directed to respect the personality of refugee, ensuring equal access, fair attitude and assessment of individual needs. The participants in “R.I.D.” project will help to disseminate the received knowledge and to establish better methods for integrating refugees on a European level.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- above 18 years old
- interested in the topic
- be free to participate all duration of the youth exchange
- has enough good knowledge of English
- willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EUR. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD