Project place: Lodz, Poland
Project dates: 10th – 21st October 2017
Application deadline: 9th August 2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This project aims at presenting migrants’ different stories and experiences through the prism of the video lense in the form of a documentary, responding to the youth’s appeal. The appeal has a collective overtone. The youngsters’ goal and at the same time need is to sensitize people and lead an open, intercultural dialogue. The project will promote cultural and religious diversification, tend to European solidarity and cohesion through a collective concern, shape a sense of entrepreneurship or creativity among youngsters. The workshop will also popularize youth participation in social actions that are thoroughly designed by youngsters.
The idea of youth is to raise the global issue of migration, with the help of seven cooperating partner organizations. The project participants are young people, also social workers, desiring to convey a kind of message to the international society. The film creation gives them an opportunity to deepen their passion and understanding of cross-cultural background. Young people at this age are aware of the problems faced by contemporary Europe and they know that such a documentary on refugees reveals plenty of didactic and educational possibilities or opportunities for them. The participants want to present the problem of migration with the use of a camcorder lense in order to capture migrants’ stories, experiences, reality, living conditions and emotions in the film frame. To reach wider audience they want to appeal to all mass media in order to voice and publicise the issue on a larger scale.
- greater solidarity in Europe
- conducting an open and international discourse, with no limits
- greater tolerance or respect for human dignity
- creating cohesive Europe through cooperation of several organizations acting on behalf of youth
- deepening language knowledge and skills
- popularization of European integration
- reaching target groups that are socially excluded or exposed to social exclusion (documentary also in sign language)
- spreading the problem of migration
- simulations, demonstration
- discussion panels, discourse, “group flower”
- ICT tools,
- drama, mind map, brainstorm
- multimedia presentations
Profile of participants:
- highly motivated, brave and sensitive
- actively involved in youth work
- aged 17 – 25 (max up to 30)
- interested in filmmaking and publicising the problem of migrants
- working language: English (at least A2+/ B1 level)
- increase of language communication skills,
- shaping or strengthening the attitude of tolerance,
- respect for human dignity, internal and external socialization (also addressed to citizens),
- greater ability to lead an open, intercultural and interreligious dialogue,
- overcoming internal barriers – raising self-esteem,
- increase of cultural awareness,
- developing a sense of entrepreneurship and initiative,
- greater involvement in creating cohesive Europe.
- certificates of recognition (Youthpass),
- a documentary based on a migrant’s factual life (film)
The project will have an impact on a local, regional, national and international level.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD