Project place: Madrid, Spain
Project dates: 25th – 31st October 2017
Application deadline: 31st August 2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
In 2015, an unprecedented refugee crisis emerged in Europe, so managing real and complete integration is vital for them to feel accepted and welcome. NGOs such as SCI are based on the human rights approach, the protection and reception of refugee people from a non-assistance approach and focused on the autonomy and dignity of people, using volunteerism as a way to know better the communities, to communicate and become part of them.
The idea of the project comes from the local group of volunteers in SCI Madrid called “Teachers”. After several years of accompanying the students of their classes (immigrants, refugees, etc.) to become volunteers in SCI and active agents in the community, accelerating and facilitating their integration into European society, a beautiful initiative is born to create an international seminar where they can share these good practices with other volunteers from other European organizations and they can spread and multiply the benefits of it, and also learn from the other participants’ experiences in similar projects.
The main objective of the project is to promote the integration of refugees into European society through volunteering. The specific objectives of the call are the following:
1. Promote awareness and reflection on the situation of refugees in Europe and how to promote their integration through volunteering.
2. Profit the experience and knowledge of organizations and volunteers to encourage the integration of refugees through volunteering.
3. Generate tools and methods for the integration of refugees into the community through volunteerism for later replication in other NGO’s.
The seminar will be carried out in accordance with the principles of non-formal education. Different methods, knowledge, experiences, approaches and ideas will be shared and the overall concepts of how to promote the integration of refugees into European society through volunteering.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- be 18 years old or older
- activists and volunteers with a strong interest in refugee, asylum seeker or immigration issues
- trainers and experts in the field of training on refugees, volunteers, prejudices, stereotypes, their relationship with racism and North South relations
- be able to work in English language
- commit to actively participate from the beginning to the end of the training
- have strong motivation to act as multiplier
- willing to act as photographers, journalists, etc in order to increase the visibility of the project
- be ready to share with CID the outcomes of the seminar and promote these
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 360 EUR. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD