Project place: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Project dates: 5th – 13th December 2017
Application deadline: 8th October 2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The training course Hate Youth = Youth Hate will seek to build an understanding of how and where hate comes from and why young people are drawn to hate and hate groups. The activity will encourage the participants to examine and develop an understanding of haters and who they are – the everyday people in our communities. The participants will explore who are the targets of hate in their communities and develop strategies as youth workers for tackling and combating hate as a part of their youth work.
• To understand how and where hate comes from
• To explore how and why young people are drawn to hate
• To better understand who the haters are
• To explore who are the targets of hate in my community
• To develop a strategy as a youth worker for tackling and combating hate as a part of my youth work both among the young people and in the community as a whole
The project will use non-formal learning methodology including methods such as: ice breakers, energisers, name games, reflection groups, working into intercultural subgroups, facilitated discussion, creative presentations, simulation, case study, debates etc.
The project aims to empower the participants to raise their positive impact and to produce a sustainable effect on young people. Several follow-up projects are expected by using the knowledge acquired throughout the training course.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Above 18 years ols
- Able to work in English;
- Motivation to take part in the project;
- Commitment to attend the full duration of thetraining
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 360 EUR as well as 100% of the visa costs. Reimbursements will be done based on actual travel costs upon presenting the original documents in the period of three months after the training.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD