Project place: Berlin, Germany
Advance Planning Meeting (APV): 23-25 February 2018
Project dates: 6th – 13th March 2018
Application deadline: 15th January 2018
NOTE: The youth leader and one of the participants will attend both the Advance Planning Meeting and the youth exchange.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
What is „Europe”? Why it is shaped in the way we know it today? In order to find an answer for those questions we need to understand the past events and reflect on its consequences for today’s life. What is the best way to understand history? TO BE PART OF IT! During the youth exchange you will have a unique chance to live the most significant events of European history.
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
The aim of the project is to define what does the European identity mean for us and to understand the process of its’ development.
- to discuss about most significant events in European history
- to define what is the „European identity” and what does it mean for us
- to understand the reasons of customs and behaviours which are elements of „European identity”
- to develop 7 LARP (live action role play games) scenarios and get in role of participants of selected events of European history
- to exchange our cultures and customs
CONTENT OF THE PROJECT:
• simulation and live action role play games (LARPs)
• group discussions
• intercultural activities
• city game in Berlin
- age 18+
- are able to communicate in English
- motivated to take part in the project
- committed to the full duration of the project
- the youth leaders shall have a basic knowledge of history of Europe and previous experience in LARPs (live action role play games) as well as a basic experience in European youth projects
- willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR after sending all the original tickets.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD