Project place: Brestnik, near Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Project dates: 23-29 April 2018
Application deadline: 31st March 2018
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The youth exchange is the second activity from the “Global Responsibility Education” project. The first one – a training for trainers, was held in November 2017 and educated more than 30 youth workers and trainers from 11 countries how to promote the Global Responsibility and work with the tools designed for this aim.
A total of 30 participants and youth leaders coming from 6 countries: Turkey, Serbia, Romania, Greece, Macedonia and Bulgaria. The team from each country will be formed of 4 participants and 1 youth leader.
The youth exchange has the following goals:
– to give the participants new information about the 17 goals for sustainable development as well as about the freedom, justice, human dignity, democracy and solidarity;
– to promote respect and understanding of the cultural diversity in the global aspect ;
– to educate and empower their peers towards global responsibility and active citizenship;
– to get more familiar with the historic context of human rights and with their present exploration in the European context;
– to develop sense of justice and desire to work towards the ideas of freedom, equality and good international relations.
- Age 17-21;
- Occupation: high school pupils, university students, volunteers in NGOs, etc.
- Experience in GRE sessions organized by the trainers on local level in the partnering countries;
- Strongly motivated to participate;
- At least basic level of English;
- Able to be present at the whole time of the event;
- Young people coming from disadvantaged background will be treated with preference;
- Willing to share their experience with CID.
+ Selection criteria for the leaders:
- Over 21 years;
- Fluent in English;
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food (three meals and two coffee breaks per day) will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 EUR only for the cheapest way of transport. The reimbursement for your travel expenses will be made through bank transfer after the exchange and within 45 days from the date when the hosting organization will receive the originals of your travel documentation by post.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD