Project place: Dilijan, Armenia
Project dates: 7th – 15th October 2018
Application deadline: 20th July 2018
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Why this training course?
European society is seeing an increase in extremism on many different levels. Large numbers of young people being recruited into extremist religious, ideological and political movements, the rise in popularity of mainstream extreme politics, and the rise in the level of acceptability of extreme views being expressed – particularly online. This whole trend of extremism, whether to right or left or religion, creates micro levels of extremism that can be seen in how people respond to one another in news media comments sections, in the rise of abuse and bullying of individuals and groups. This training course will explore all these elements because youth work has an important role to play in supporting young people and the communities in which they live in combating extremism in all its forms.
What will you learn?
In this 7-day international training course you will explore the role of youth workers and youth work in combating all forms of extremism among young people and the communities in which they live. You will:
- deepen your understanding about participation and active citizenship among young people as part of the democratic life in Europe;
- learn about intercultural learning and intercultural dialogue and the role of interculturality in societies today;
- explore concepts of social inclusion and social exclusion and how and why young people are so strongly affected and disaffected;
- link youth organisations together to share and explore different ways of combating extremism and
- to seek to support one another across all the participating countries.
- Age above 18;
- Interested in the topic;
- Able to communicate in English;
- Willing to share their experience with CID.
Finances / Costs
Expenses for food and accommodation will be fully covered by the Erasmus+ programme via the Belgian National Agency.
Travel costs will be reimbursed according the regulations of the Erasmus+ programme (up to 275 EUR). The money will be paid to you via bank transfer at the end of the training course on condition that you provide the organizers with all original travel and documents from your trip: boarding passes, e-tickets, invoices, bus/train tickets, bills etc.
Participation fee: 40 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD
How to Apply?
Fill in the application form that you will find at the end of the following link and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org