Project place: Cascais, Portugal
Project date: 3rd to 6th December 2018 (arrival 2nd, departure 7th December)
Application deadline: 12th October 2018
ABOUT THE PROJECT
CASCAIS EYC2018 in cooperation with DYPALL NETWORK is organizing the International Conference “Youth Work at Municipality Level” in Cascais (European Youth Capital 2018), focusing on the theme of “Creating Sustainable Youth Policies at Local Level” – youth policies and youth work at Municipality Level, with a specific focus on inclusion (NEETs, migrants, youth at risk and marginalized youth). The International Conference comes in the follow up of several European guidelines that have been recently established highlighting the importance to mainstream youth at local and regional level that have identified the need to tackle these issues at grassroots.
- To develop the capacity of Local Authorities (LA) and Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and their youth workers to work together on the field of youth public policy to provide answers to the challenges of participation, inclusion, unemployment;
- To identify and promote good practices and mechanisms for youth participation in decision-making and debate about their potential and challenges on public governance
- To share practices of inclusion and engagement of young people at local level
- To develop more inclusive approaches to foster participation of young people with fewer opportunities into spaces such as local youth councils and youth fora
- To allow youth CSO and LA to share their best practices in terms of cooperation between local authorities and civil society, with a specific focus on how to target NEET youth, young migrants and other marginalized youth
- Municipality representatives working in either youth, social, education and/or employment policies
- Local professional youth work manager or senior professional working with and for young people, especially youth from vulnerable/marginalized backgrounds and fewer opportunities (unemployed, NEETs, migrants, etc.)
- Be able to work in English
- Be willing to contribute with their experience to the Conference
- Be able to attend the whole duration of the Conference
- Have relevant experience in the topic of youth participation in decision-making processes at local level in general and participation of young migrants and young people with migrant background in particular;
- Highly motivated towards the follow-up of the Conference
- Willing to share their experience with CID
Accommodation and meals will be provided by the organizers in the Cascais City centre. Accommodation will be provided in double rooms.
Travel expenses to and from the venue will be reimbursed up to a maximum preagreed with the organizers, according to the Erasmus + rules, up to 360 EUR. Reimbursement of travels will be done via bank transfer after the Conference.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD