Project place: Istanbul, Turkey
Project dates: 5th – 11th February 2019
Application deadline: 28th October 2018
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING COURSE:
- To enable actors in formal and non-formal education contexts to address hate speech with young people and involve school communities in the No Hate Speech Movement campaign
- To develop the skills and motivation for young people to recognize online hate speech and to become ‘online activists’ for human rights
- To raise awareness of human rights principles and promote a vision of the Internet which reflects these principles
- To support human rights education through non-formal learning approaches and develop critical spirit among children and young people
- To empower those who are already victims of online hate speech, or who are likely to become victims
- To encourage empathy for groups or individuals who may be targets of hate speech online
- To break down myths and prejudice about some of the most common targets of hate speech.
The overall methodology for this activity will be entirely based on the principles of non-formal education such as exercises, games, group dynamics, work in plenary and in sub-groups peer support, and self- directed learning, among others. Linguistic cooperation and solidarity will also be put forward throughout the days.
- youth workers, volunteers and activists between 18-27 age (max 30)
- participants who are willing to learn fundamentals of HRE
- participants who would like to take a step into the Combating Hate Speech Topic
- participants who would like to learn how to work with other young people and start learning facilitation of youth work
- willing to share their experience with CID
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 90% of realistic price of tickets, with reimbursement limit of 275 EUR according to Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD