Project dates: 01.11.2018 – 30.10.2019 (12 months)
Project place: Petrinja, Croatia
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This European voluntary service (EVS) project is hosted by Association for promotion of IT, culture and coexistence (IKS); (Udruga za promicanje informatike, kulture i suživota (IKS).
“Solidarity at hand” is directed to vulnerable groups of citizens with activities that are contributing to improvement of their life quality.
Organizing activities for elderly and mentally ill adults 2-3 sessions per week; Association IKS partners with Home for elderly and frail and Home for mentally ill adults in our community. Volunteers will organize and implement activities together with our local volunteers: playing bingo, bowling, social games, screening of movies, creative workshops and nature walks. Beneficiaries of the homes are more motivated to participate in activities, they socialize and learn new skills, personnel have help in organizing leisure time.
Working in Community centre with socially marginalized citizens and youth; Community centre is a place where people can receive administrative support, join in Job seekers club or use space for initiatives or citizens association meetings. Volunteers will participate in all mentioned activities, they can organise language courses, workshops or other activities of their own choice. Volunteers will also be involved in the work of our Youth initiative group “Aktivci” who plan and initiate their own projects or activities to address youth needs or solve youth problems in our community.
Volunteers will contribute to our services such as the local Volunteer centre and Information centre for Youth, organise different activities, educational, creative and social events that help young people acquire new information and skills. Through this, young people in Petrinja increase their awareness of different possibilities they have available and gain knowledge which prepares them for employment, studying or volunteering locally and internationally.
Civic education in rural primary schools up to 2 sessions per week; volunteers will assist in delivering interactive and fun workshops for children to teach them about the values of volunteering for school community development.
Total number of volunteers: 2 (one from each country)
Partner countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- work with the most vulnerable groups of citizens in Petrinja, including senior citizens, institutionalized mentally ill individuals, unemployed, long term unemployed, youth with fewer opportunities, minorities, and school children
- organizing activities for elderly and mentally ill adults 2-3 sessions per week
- civic education in rural primary schools up to 2 sessions per week; volunteers will assist in delivering interactive and fun workshops for children to teach them about the values of volunteering for school community development
- volunteers will work in Info and Volunteer centre, organise different activities for youth, educational, creative and social events that help young people acquire new information and skills
- organize and implement activities together with our local volunteers: playing bingo, bowling, social games, screening of movies, creative workshops and nature walks
- working in Community centre with socially marginalized citizens and youth
- promoting volunteering and Erasmus+
- designing different promotional materials for volunteering, and for project activities
- developing materials for social networks to promote youth mobility projects for young people from 13 years of age
- assisting in developing and organising activities for the local community together with our youth initiative group ‘’Aktivci’’- these activities can be any kind of creative leisure time activities including workshops, art, music, street art, hip hop culture, alternative sports and hobbies, multicultural theme…etc.
- preparing a multicultural evening to present your country and culture in the community in a creative and fun way
- assisting in organising info points for youth in the area with our team from the Information centre for youth
- Age between 17 – 30
- Committed to a team experience
- Committed to working out decisions and problems together
- Completing the entire project
- Being sensitive to problems in the community
- Being open to learning, sharing and developing new skills
- Contributing fully to the work
- Having lots of self motivation and self initiative
All costs (accommodation, utilities, transportation, food) will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
The volunteer will receive pocket money of 150 EUR.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject: EVS Volunteer for “Solidarity at Hand”