Project place: Prishtina, Kosovo
Project dates: 12th – 20th March
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
“Balkan Baltic Mix: Role of Media and Diversity in Youth Work” is a 7-day training course for 34 youth workers in Prishtina (Kosovo). It will include partners from 11 EU Programme and Partners countries coordinated by NGO More Mosaic (Sweden). The project is implemented in cooperation with Esti People to People, Estonia, the local organisation Center for Economic and Social Development (CESD) supported by ILIRIA College as a special Department for non-formal education.
The objectives of the project are to improve the critical thinking skills, give the possibility to discuss Baltic and Balkans realities and develop activities about media and diversity for young people.
The training course will give opportunity to discuss and share experience of transition periods in two European regions.
Among training course activities will be presentations of the role of media with a focus on hate speech, fake news, biased texts, discussions about the role of media in the youngster’s perception; presentations from participants (homework from national groups) how media create picture of today and tomorrow with focus on diversity in Europe. There will be a study visit and cultural trip.
The main method is learning by doing, group dynamic and other methods of non-formal education.
The training’s main aims are to:
- equip participants with knowledge about the role and functions of media in our lives and in youth work;
- improve participants’ level of competence in the field of media literacy;
- equip participants with media-tools for self-expression and democratic participation;
- promote mobility and capacity building as well as European citizenship’s values.
In line with Erasmus+ tasks the projects objectives are to:
- enhance youth influence and capability of active participation in democratic societies;
- improving skills and competencies and promote active citizenship of youth;
- enhance the participants’ foreign languages competence and raise participants’ awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries;
- promote non-formal education methods and innovative learning methods.
- To be directly interested in the topic of media, diversity and tolerance and are willing to put in practice on personal or community level;
- To be motivated to actively participate and learn in the training course;
- To be committed and involved in all activities provided during the training course and its follow-up activities;
- To bring an added value to the training course;
- To respect the training course regulations and take part in all events, including the cultural ones;
- To respect other cultures, be tolerant and prepared to relate friendly to the international community of people.
- To be able to communicate in English
- To be willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 20 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD