Project place: Kastellaun, Germany
Project dates: 30th of April – 2nd of May 2019 – the APV (only for the group leader)
21st of May – 5th of June 2019 – the Youth Exchange
Application deadline: URGENT! (for the group leader)
ABOUT THE PROJECT
“Better Together 2.0” is an IJGD project which is running for the second time since 2016, when it was implemented for the first time. It is originally designed as an educational programme for teenagers age 16-18 from Germany, Serbia, Albania and Macedonia, but should now be opened for an additional group from Asia. The youth exchange will take place in Kastellaun, in the western part of Germany. Participants will have their days divided into two equal parts. In the mornings the participants will take part in a volunteering project of some sort, more description below, and in the afternoons, participants will take active part in workshops linked to topics like inclusion, interculturality, environmental sustainability, gender equality and active participation.
Participants will be working on renovation of the surroundings where the youth centre is located and the preparation for the big neon lights festival, which will be hosted by the centre. The work will include preparing the forest where the festival will take place, as well designing the neon light figures for the festival. The working part will be supported by professionals who have been implementing the festival since several years in Kastellaun and will support the creativity and arts.
In the free time, participants will have an opportunity to take part in 4 different excursions:
1. Visit of medieval fortress and old town of Kastellaun
2. Visit to Cologne, its old cathedral and picnic on the river Rhein
3. An afternoon in the forest adventure park with different climbing games
4. Picnic at the longest suspension bridge in Germany, Geierlay, which is 360m long and 100m tall
Advanced Planning Visit will start on April 30th (arrival day) and end on May 2nd (departure day) for the youth exchange. As this is a teenage youth exchange, leaders who want to apply to coordinate the national groups should meet the following minimum standards:
– they have passed an international training for workcamp and youth exchange leaders
– they have participated and/or lead at least 2 international camps or youth exchanges before
- Aged 16 – 18 for the participants; 18 – 30 for the group leader
- Capable to communicate in English;
- Available for entire project period;
- Motivated to participate in the youth exchange
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
There is a 300 EUR pocket money for the group leader.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD