Project place: Fužine, Croatia
Project dates: 12th – 21st of October 2019
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This project is continuation of two projects we organized in the last two years, Intercultural Manners in 2017. and RESPECT in 2018. Our goal is, by using different methods, to promote intercultural dialogue and intercultural understanding. After working on this topic in a form of forum theatre and through culinary art and eating habits, we decided to continue that journey by working on competences necessary for carrying out an intercultural dialogue using dancing as a tool for connecting with, researching and better understanding of other cultures. This project is meant for absolutely everyone, regardless of language skills, since the method of expression is dancing. It is something that a broad spectrum of young people can get involved with, and it is a way to get empowered through nonverbal communication.
General goal of the project:
To initiate an intercultural understanding among young people through working on competences necessary for practicing an intercultural dialogue.
Specific goals of the project:
1. Creating a space for exchanging ideas, standpoints and opinions with young people from different cultures
2. Learning about cultural diversity and different approaches to the value of culture through tradition and dance
3. Starting and practicing an intercultural dialogue and understanding intercultural relations
4. Uniting young people through research and learning about our differences and similarities
5. Providing opportunities and supporting young people in acquiring the skills of writing and organizing Erasmus+ projects
6. Creating space for a dialogue for young people with young people from different cultures
7. Informing about the possibilities of non-formal education through Erasmus+ and the ESS program.
- Over 18 years old;
- Capable to communicate in English;
- Available for entire project period;
- Willing to be a part of a multicultural group;
- Motivated to participate in the youth exchange
- Previous experience in dance is not required, but participants should show initiative for learning new things;
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD