Dates: 01.09.2019 – 31.08.2021
Lead partner: PONTYDYSGU LIMITED, United Kingdom
- Center for Intercultural Dialogue, North Macedonia;
- Active Citizens Partnership, Greece;
- Ufficio Commune Sostenibilita, Italy;
- ASSOCIATION DES VILLES ET REGIONS POUR LA GESTION DURABLE DES RESSOURCES, Belgium;
- RESEAU EXPRESS JEUNES EXCLUSION INTEGRATION, France
Project Reference: 2019-2-UK01-KA205-062208
Summary: Circular Economy for Youth (CEYOU) is a Strategic Partnership for youth that will be implemented in the framework of 2 years.
In 2019 young people and students from Europe and all over the world took to the streets to demand action to halt environmental damage and climate change. The CEYOU partnership recognised this vital message and looked for a way to help.
The development of the circular economy is seen as central to reducing damage to the environment and developing positive change. The European Commission has adopted an action plan to help accelerate Europe’s transition towards a circular economy and this project, CEYOU has been part funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
The main priority for the CEYOU project is promoting, engaging, connecting and empowering young people around the circular economy as a means to deal with the danger to the environment and climate change.
The project aims to empower them to take positive actions and initiatives within their local communities, to develop networks and exchange practices at local, regional, national and European levels.
The project has the following objectives;
- Develop guidelines for the establishment of permanent forums for dialogue between youth organisations and local authorities to promote circular economy practices, and set up those forums.
- Develop and implement training programmes and activities for young people in the field of circular economy.
- Promote dialogue through bringing together Circular economy organisations and youth organisations on a European, national and regional basis.
- Develop and exchange Open Educational Resources (OERs) for young people to support them in facilitating Circular economy initiatives.
- Develop a mobile app to guide young people in setting up initiatives around the Circular Economy.
CEYOU will be working in Pontypridd, Kumanovo, Athens, Naples, Brussels, Strasbourg and other areas over the next couple of years.
Project’s website: www.ceyou.eu