Project place: Brussels, Belgium
Project date: 30.11. – 07.12.2015
Deadline for application: 8 November 2015, 23:59
Low youth participation is recently becoming more and more evident. Usually, as an indicator of the low youth participation, the young voters’ turnout is used (which indeed becomes worse every year). However, low youth participation does not appear only when voting, better, it becomes part of all aspects of the democratic life and especially in the everyday life of the youth NGOs. The youth’s response to calls for volunteers or participants is sometimes relatively low, while the there is an increase in the last minute cancellations before the events. Still, the most striking phenomenon is the lack of participation in decision making positions in the youth organizations. The last elections of European Youth Forum, hardly reached 13 candidates for 12 positions while last YEU elections faced similar situation. Moreover, some of the YEU member organizations face difficulties to change generations in their board because there is no interest from the younger generation to be involved. It seems that the interest of young people to take the lead or the responsibility has dropped significantly down and this embeds apparently a lot of threats.
The idea of the training course “Change management in youth NGOs”
The TC “Change management in youth NGOs” targets youth workers and youth leaders. These are people who work directly with young people, who manage the youth organizations, who are in leading positions in the organization.
The objectives are:
– To explore the existing situation regarding low youth participation
– To understand the concept of change management and its elements as a way to foster youth participation
– To develop skills related to change management
– To cultivate a positive attitude and motivation to put the gained knowledge and skills in practise
– To develop a publication with tips and techniques related to change management
– To develop organizational action plans
Results of the TC
The training course will involve the participants in a series of educational elements. Below, the specific skills, knowledge and attitudes participants will gain are indicated;
– Knowledge related to change management in youth organizations as a way to foster youth participation
– Understanding what is youth participation in democratic life and active citizenship
– Conceptualizing what is the situation related to low youth participation in different countries
– Exploring ways of using change management in youth organizations in order to foster youth participation
– Identifying potential challenges when using change management approach and learning ways to overcome them.
– Knowledge related to preparing action plans
– Skills related to using change management concept in youth organizations
– Skills related to adjusting the activities/practises of the organization with the current context and the needs/expectations of young people
– Active listening and Communication through the interaction with other participants: ability to listen to different opinions and to express their own
– Cooperation in group, shared responsibility and working together with others for common benefit
– Democratic participation in activities with their peers
– Motivation to use change management concept in their daily work in youth organizations
– Desire to contribute to fostering youth participation
– Sense of responsibility to share with others the competences they gained
– Respect to other people despite gender, cultural or other diversity
– Appreciation of diversity and empathy for others
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Have an interest in the topic
- Willing to learn and participate actively in the project
- Able to work in English
- Motivation to take part in the project
- Basic experience in youth work
- Commitment to create and implement strategic plan
- Active within their NGO and/or local community
- any previous experience with youth unemployment will be considered a plus
- Food and accommodation will be covered 100% by the organizers.
- Travel costs will be refunded 70% of the total amount.
The reimbursement will be done by bank transfer, once the organizers have received all original tickets and boarding passes.
How to apply?
You can find the application form on the call bellow. (button Apply here)
In order to apply for the project you have to make your profile, putting in all your general and contact information. This can be done by clicking the REGISTRATION button from the left side of the window.
After your registration has been completed you can apply for the project.
Please note that once you create your profile, you can use it for applying for other projects organised and hosted by YEU.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID): 500 MKD.