Project dates: 15 – 20 July 2016
Project place: Ommen, the Netherlands
Application deadline: 21.06.2016
About the project:
The project Democratic governance in youth organization – key to participation’ is addressing one of the key issues in youth organizing: the aspect of real effective and meaningful participation, quality management and outreach.
It is lasting from August 2015 to till December 2016 and involves 4 partners (JUB Netherlands, CID Macedonia, TOG Turkey and Out-of-the-box Belgium).
The project’s main aim is to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of youth organizations by developing the competencies of their democratic leadership and management structures in order for them to be able to grow sustainably. It will strengthen the internal communication among the volunteers, youth workers and employees within the organizations, which will affect the impact of their work.
The project will address the following questions/issues:
- How to manage democratically youth organizations and how to ensure active participation and links between young people from rural areas and remote areas, with the organization
- How to address youth policies related to the needs of local youth organizations, and to create meaningful discussions among the organization and with other stakeholders
- How to empower local level youth organizations to allow enough space for practical development of strategies and competencies
- How to use ICT to strengthen the communication and coordination within youth organization, and to provide space for active youth participation through online tools.
Objectives of the training:
- To explore different online tools for organizational management
- To share approaches for communication among the organization, beneficiaries and the community
- To develop a strategy for online participation within youth organizations
Profile of participants:
- Young people between 16 and 30 years old
- Youth workers or youth leaders active within their organizations
- Already have experience in working with young people, coordinating initiatives and/or projects
- Be committed to attend for the full duration of the course and be supported by a youthorganisation
- Competently able to work in English language
Accommodation and finances
The training will take place in training center ‘Zeesse’, close to the city of Ommen in the Netherlands. Check out their website: http://www.oldevechte.nl.
JUB will cover your stay 100%, including food and drinks;
All travel costs will be reimbursed afterwards, after receiving all relevant receipts; up to 220 euro.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 mkd