Project place: Cinisi, Sicily
Project dates: 27/06/2016 to 8/07/2016
Deadline for applications: 14.04.2016
IntercultuReality is a multi action project with the aim of fight against all kind of racism, intolerance, extremism movements, through non formal education and media education. This project promotes also active tolerance and intercultural learning.
The YE represents a concrete action of promotion of active tolerance and intercultural learning which will make participants support this values. Big emphasis will be given to the media education which will allow participants to develop competencies on critical reading of media and on the role of media in promotion of human rights and tolerance.
Through brainstorming, simulation, theater and role playing participants will deepen phenomena like xenophobia, racism and discrimination, they will learn about cultural diversity and main factors that brings to stereotypes and prejudices. Through media literacy participants will know how to understand media products and will develop competencies in critical reading.
Participants will work in group in order to make online campaign for the promotion of active tolerance and public events to promote human rights.
What do we expect from you as participant?
- be motivated and initiative BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER youth exchange
- participate in the project from its very first till the very last day
- be involved in daily tasks
- help to share responsibility by making suggestions for group activities, discussions, games etc.
- commit to a group experience and to decisions making and solving problems together
- respect the people in the hosting project
Profile of participants:
- 18-25 years old
- Interested in topic
- Willing to share the experience with the people from CID
- Willing to participate in all activities during the training course
- Ability to work in English
Financial aspects of the project:
Food, accommodation will be covered 100%.
Travel costs will be covered up to 170 EUR.
Reimbursement will be done after receiving all original boarding passes, tickets and invoices.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD (payable to CID for confirmation)