Project place: Brussels, Belgium
Project dates: 14th to 22nd of November 2016
Application deadline: 4th of November 2016
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
The main aim is to empower youth workers by helping them to gain competences which will help them to develop strategies to strengthen the cross-sectorial approach to youth issues, the most urgent ones being radicalization and extremism, so that policy- makers can react more effectively and promptly to problems, making the best use of all available EU funding and programmes in this field, such as the Youth Guarantee and Erasmus+.
The objectives are:
- To provide cooperation opportunities and new partnerships among different actors working on the topic of preventing the radicalisation of youth;
- Readdress cross-sectoral policies and get familiar with institutions at the EU level;
- To encourage the development of the basis for future common Erasmus+ project ideas tackling issues connected to social inclusion and integration;
- To provide tools to overcome the lack of knowledge of the gaps and overlaps in cross-sectoral youth policy all over Europe to advocate for better youth policies in the follow up phase of the project;
- Explore the concept of social innovations in the framework of Erasmus plus cooperation
The programme of the Study Visit will aim to familiarize participants with processes of cross-sectoral policy development in the youth field. The Study Visit will be structured on educational sessions that will stimulate exchanges of best practices among participants, but it will also be based on meetings with representatives of European Institutions and local organisations and stakeholders. In addition, participants will explore the possibilities and priorities of the ‘Erasmus plus Youth in Action’ programme and understand better the eligibility and quality criteria of the programme. The methodological approach will focus on contact making and partner matching among the present representatives of organisations. The programme will finalize with the planning of follow up activities with a focus on developing cross-sectoral initiatives fighting radicalisation of youth at local, national and European level.This process will be carried out in working groups, using the unique opportunity to develop advocacy initiatives in collaboration with partners.
PROFILE OF THE PARTICIPANTS
- Be above 18 years old
- Interested in the topic
- Ability to work in English
- Willing to share their experience with people from the CID
FINANCIAL ASPECT OF THE PROJECT
Accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel cost will be refunded up to 275 EUR. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original tickets, invoices and boarding passes).
Participation fee: 50 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD