Project dates: 14 – 20.12.2014
Venue: Belgrade, Serbia
Deadline for application: 03.11.2014
About the project:
The main idea of the project “Minority Inclusion shouldn’t be Illusion” is to explore and open issues, in concrete way, of involvement and inclusion of national minorities in social, political, economical, and cultural life in one society. The project aim is to explore and open questions about the process and the importance of the inclusion of national minorities, throughout activities designed in the form of training and conference. Training “Theatre for Inclusion” that will last from 15 until 18 December, 2014 and will bring together 16 participants from 8 different countries: Albania, Hungary, FYR Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Croatia. Throughout four-day intensive training course using theatre methodologies participants, guided by trainer, will have opportunity to explore different perspectives and issues of national minorities’ inclusion, gain new skills and together develop performance regarding the issue. Theatre is one of the best ways of expression because it has fast and evident transfer to reality and it is extremely powerful tool to raise important social issues, such as intercultural dialogue and cultural diversity.
After intensive training, the last day of the project activity (19 December,2014) is interactive conference “Different Models for Inclusion”. This conference aims to bring together individuals and organizations form different segments of society to mutually contribute to understanding, learning and improving situation of national minorities. Conference will open the performance that participants created during the training on the topic of national minorities’ inclusion.
Project is funded by Central European Initiative www.cei.int and Ministry of Culture and Information of Republic of Serbia.
Methodology in the project will be based on the non-formal education, diverse theatre methods, team building, simulations, working groups, evaluation session and performance. Activities will be implemented through different workshops, and the final performance will be shown to the public on the opening of the Conference.
– to open questions of rights and obligations of national minorities and their integration, through different models and segments that are part of a society using theatre methodology and open dialogue
– to train young professionals, using non-formal education and theatre, so they can gain new tools and acquire new skills that they can use in their further work
– to foster regional cultural cooperation and artistic creative process which will enable closer and more direct cultural exchange and learning
– to get to know each other, so that we can better understand and continue to act together in society
– to foster open dialogue for future local and regional collaboration and development
Social engaged artists, performers, trainers, activists:
– experienced in social theatre methodology
– artists -performers
– working, or interested in working, with inclusion or minorities issues
– having a true interest in the subject
– interested in new methodologies
– focus and determinate
– open to diversity
– able to use English as a working language
– be prepared for intensive training
Participant has to be present, focused and dedicated whole time during the project. Participant will be given opportunity not only to actively be engaged to the process of performance making, but also to perform at the opening of the Conference which will gather cultural, social and political individuals and organizations from Serbia and region.
Accommodation, food, venue, travel costs and logistics are covered 100%
Participation fee: 30 EUR
Sending fee: 300 MKD
Deadline for application: 03.11.2014