Programme: Erasmus+ Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Partners: CIM Horyzonty – Poland; Toplum Gonulluleri Vakfi – Turkey; Out of the Box International – Belgium;
Aim: This project aims to enable young people actively involved in the running of youth structures to develop their attitudes, improve their skills and receive additional information and knowledge in order to manage youth organizations (programme, units or boards) in a democratic, efficient and effective manner on national level. Ultimately these improvements should result in an increase of the quality of the activities these organizations run, in their sustainability and in their contribution to youth policy bodies and structures. The project is addressing one of the key issues in national-level youth organizing: the aspect of real effective and meaningful participation, quality management and outreach.
– To develop a common understanding of the concepts related to democratic leadership in national level youth organizations such as: democracy, participation and leadership, civil society, human rights and citizenship
– To raise participants’ awareness and provide space to reflect upon the value of youth organizations/structures – their role and impact as democratic leaders within society
- To develop the participants’ ability to relate the work of their organizations with youth policy and provide them with up-to-date research (study) on national level youth organizations management
- To develop participants’ understanding and knowledge of various forms of youth participation through youth organisations and their applicability for the management of national level youth organizations
- To define and further develop leadership and civic competencies as well as relevant management skills (conflict management, advocacy, motivation, shared leadership, decision making, empowerment, strategic planning, resource management)
- To support participants in analyzing and further developing their organization internal processes and mechanisms in order to strengthen their work as national level youth organizations
It is important to address issues such as democratic participation in youth organizations on national level before being able to increase quality of the work in the youth sector. CID as the applicant is also setting up a national level network for youth clubs aiming to enhance its work in branches around the country.