Between July 11 and 22, in the framwork of the CS4EU project, CID organised 5 events called IdeaLabs around Macedonia. The IdeaLabs are meetings that gather representatives of governmental, non-governmental institutions as well as interested individuals with the purpose to discuss a topic and to propose action plans with suggestions of activities of how to address the discussed issues.
Here are the 5 IdeaLabs with links to their descriptions:
- Working against discrimination (Bitola) – 7/8 July
- Sustainable Development (Kumanovo) – 11/12 July
- Media Pluralism (Skopje) – 14-15 July
- Youth (Skopje) – 18/19 July
- Social inclusion of marginalised groups (Skopje) – 21/22 July
The outcomes of the IdeaLabs are represented by action and advocacy plans that specify how the civil sector can get involved in the process of European integration. The participants came from varied sectors: students, activists in CSOs, municipality representatives, business representatives, interested individuals. The groups had a good dynamic and managed to complete the given task in the two days of the IdeaLabs.
Here are some of the testimonies from participants: