Project place: Vilnius, Lithuania
Project date: 23- 28 January 2017
Application deadline: 30.10.2016
About the project
The training course is dedicated to youth workers, mentors, tutors or other related people with EVS program.
The objectives of the project are:
- To create multicultural space for learning, sharing experience/tools and networking among mentors/people willing to be mentors
- To share experience/knowledge/situations and practice different methods in order to enrich supporting youth with fewer opportunities through mentoring and implement quality of youth projects
- To develop and acknowledge personal, social and professional competences of mentors in order to strengthen and motivate them.
How it will work?
Training course will have two facilitators from coordinating organization, but participants will prepare and present their
MENTORING – mentor’s role, boundaries, tasks and functions. This topic will be developed through workshops, training sessions and open space method. We believe that it’s important to share and learn from each other.
The main aim of the project is to create a space of learning in order to develop competencies of people, working with youth
About the program:
1 day activities – The task of the first day is to get to know each other and start to work on the topic of mentoring.
2 day activities – The aim of the second day is to explore Mentor’s behavior, attitudes, working strategies in the main tasks of mentoring.
3 day activity- Third day is devoted to sharing and practicing different methods and techniques prepared by participants which they find useful in work with youth having fewer opportunities.
4 day activity – Fourth day will be oriented to application of methods (used previous days) in EVS volunteers’ group and their evaluation.
5 day activity – Fifth day will be oriented to work on recommendations of application of the methods in order to build online network and network between participants.
6 day activity – The sixth day will be oriented to evaluation of the whole training days and identification of personal, professional and group achievements.
- Be above 18 years old
- Be part of the organization
- Be a youth worker and/or working with EVS volunteers
- Interested in the topic
- Willing to share their experience with other member from CID
Financial aspect of the project:
Accommodation and food will be covered 100% by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR. (Reimbursement will be done after received all the original tickets, invoices, boarding passes etc.)
Participation fee NONE
Sending fee 500 MKD