24 February-5 March 2017(Sremski Karlovci, SERBIA)
12-21 August 2017 (Busteni, Romania)
Application deadline 15 January 2017
Background of the project
“EduGaming” project was developed based on the premise that educational games (used in youth work, communities, workshops, trainings, etc.), which are approaching urgent issues related to social exclusion, disempowerment and radicalisation of young people, as well as various global challenges, are making a very big contribution to including young people (because they are innovative, attractive, user-friendly), raising awareness and engaging diverse target groups.
During the project, participants will explore deeper different social thematic, explore the steps required for developing successful educational games (that could be used in youth work field, communities or training/workshops, schools) and develop concrete games which will be implemented, tested and evaluated during the training itself and later one in each community, disseminated and promote among other youth organizations.
The main goal of the project to build capacities of youth organization to contribute to a cohesive and active society, through developing specific competencies in designing educational games addressing social and global issues.
More specific objectives are:
- To increase the level of knowledge in topics like: social exclusion, intercultural dialogue, social and global justice, climate change, sustainable lifestyle, and other global challenges;
- To develop practical competencies in designing and applying new educational games in youth work;
- To develop pro-active attitudes to approaching excluded young people;
- To increase the level of creativity, innovation, self confidence and trust in educational games;
- To understand the importance and be able to empower and motivate young people to create new educational tools;
- To enable youth workers to act as educational games multipliers in their communities;
- To develop abilities to facilitate educational games in diverse settings and youth work contexts;
- To contribute to a long term change in educational approach in youth field;
- To motivate youth organization to implement and mainstream the motto “think global, act local” , intercultural learning and human rights education in their work;
*Educational games are innovative board and card games, which serve as alternative methods of non-formal education in work with young people. Their aim is to address certain issues in an interactive, thought provoking and engaging way.
The structure of the project is like this:
- Selection and preparation participants;
- Organizing first residential training course for developing basic competencies in creating new educational games connected to social and global issues, in Serbia (24.02-5.03.2017);
- First practice phase in each country; each partner organisation will have to implement a chosen (new) educational game for at least 50 young people in total, which means overall for 700 young people;
- Mid-term evaluation (online)
- Second residential training course for advanced competencies in educational game design and involvement of young people, in Romania (12-21 august), for the same group of participants as in Serbia!
- Second practice phase; each team will have to create new educational game(s) with at least 10 young people involved, making it a total of 140 young people involved at this stage;
- Evaluation (short and long term – online)
- Dissemination of project results (for at least 200 people in each country)
- Follow-up in each community and on the international level;
!!! The selected participants have to take part in all phases of the project!
Target group and criteria
- Youth workers (age – over 18) that have responsibility in running projects/initiatives (paid or voluntary) in their organizations
- Should have some basic relevant experience that entitles them to multiply easily new competencies;
- Motivation in issues as social inclusion, intercultural learning, human rights, global issues and global education;
- – Motivation and availability for the entire project duration (2 training courses and local practice phases as mention before)
- Experience in developing and implementing educational activities (could be an advantage)
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities);
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
Financial aspect of the project
Accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be refunded after receiving all the original boarding passes, invoices and tickets.
Travel limit for the first training is 180 Euro (Serbia)
Travel limit for the second training is 180 Euro (Romania)
Participation fee 50 Euro (The participation fee will be paid during the first training course and returned to the participants in the second training course).
Sending fee 500 MKD