Dates: March-November 2018
Mission: To find appropriate tools to respond to hate speech and hate crimes, by raising the awareness of young people and building up specific tools and approaches on preventing and tackling it, developing counter and alternative narratives towards hate speech, yet building on past experiences.
- To raise awareness on the topics of hate speech and hate crime and its negative effects within the society
- To engage youngsters to actively contribute in combating hate speech by organizing events and actions in their communities
- To build up tools, methods and approaches for tackling hate speech and hate crimes from young people within their communities;
- To promote human rights-based narratives and their important role in emancipatory and transformative strategies for young people, even more for those who have been direct targets, or agents of hate speech;
- To equip youth workers, educators and activists with existing tools and approaches to actively tackle hate speech.
The overall work plan provides space for youngsters through different activities to get knowledge, skills and attitudes on what is hate speech and how do we prevent/combat it.
The work plan is consisted of a various activities on local and national level, which are a follow up from the previous processes, the 6th school against hate speech, and the different national and local activities from the project implemented in 2017 where CID was implementing partner, as well as from the internal evaluation within CID, on what has happened until now and what should further be promoted.
All of the activities will be implemented by the educators which were trained in the previous years, through direct mentorship by a team of trainers experienced on the topic.
The 7th School for combating hate speech, as an annual event, will happen again in autumn and will focus on media literacy, media manifestations of hate and how to deconstruct and counter hateful narratives and propaganda.
Apart from this activity, there will be the 5 different activities which will be implemented in different communities and with different partners, which are a follow up of the activities in 2017,