Project dates: 7th – 14th of November 2019
Project place: Ligonchio, Italy
Deadline for applying: 28th of July 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
In this seminar we want to exchange on how the fairytales and other storytelling in education and youth work dangerously influence Gender stereotypes and perceived accepted roles/ identities of young people.
We will look at:
– Gender and Sexuality as topics in youth work
– Gender stereotypes – how they influence youth work(ers) and how they impact young people/ their development
– Stereotypes and assigned roles in storytelling in oral traditions, fairytales, books, movies etc.
– The dangers of stereotypes leading to violence and challenges in the personal development of young people
It is important for us that this seminar will treat gender from an inclusive point of view, discussing male, female and other stereotypes, and therefore focusing on an overall picture, not just one gender.
This seminar aims to:
– Sensitize to gender education and its objectives
– Acquire NFE tools for the promotion of equality and inclusion
– Understand gender stereotypes or stereotypes about sexualities in storytelling such as fairy tales, movies, etc. and how they affect young people
– Understand the link between stereotypes / normativity and gender-based violence
– Exchange tools, strategies and best practices on how to tackle and overcome situations of gendered discrimination / violence in working with young people
– Reflect on our gender stereotypes or stereotypes about sexualities, and how they affect our work
– Make youth centers, workshops and projects for young people more inclusive and safer
– Develop new tools and a handbook for youth organizations and institutions
- 18 or older
- Able to communicate in English
- Youth worker
- Be active in an organization/ institution and be motivated to act as multipliers for the project
- Committed to actively participate in the seminar from beginning to end
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
PARTICIPATION FEE: NONE
SENDING FEE: 500 MKD